what if *blank* produced a MMJ record

Started by wellfleet, Aug 19, 2005, 07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wellfleet

here's something fun we can try: a game where we think about what an album would sound like if a particular producer, umm, produced it.
like:
what if ethan johns (jayhawks, ryan adams, kings of leon) produced it?
what if john shanks (kelly clarkson, ashlee simpson) produced it?
dr. dre?
eminem?
the neptunes?
the matrix (avril lavigne, evanescence, hilary duff)?
simon cowell?

everything sucks. really.

realdeal

PapaJoeBear

Acutally, an interesting post. Interesting enough to bring me out of lurk mode that I've been in for a looooong time now.  I would love to hear a Neptunes produced MMJ album. I dont know why...... I think it would give MMJ a really soulful funky sound, evan more so than they have now.  

Would also like to hear what the boys from Mogwai could do with a MMJ record. Maybe not produce it, but do a remix album...
I dont know....intersting...
papaJoebear

ChiefOKONO

jack joseph puig

it would sound very earthy i think!

primushead

Brian Eno producing one would be killer.  And Rick Ruben perhaps?

ratsprayer

david fridmann (flaming lips, mercury rev, rock action by mogwai) would make for killer sonic landscapes methinks.

i agree brian eno would be a fanfuckingtabulous choice, too.

sweatboard

I think Steve Albini would be amazing.  Surfer Rosa and In Utero are what a rock record should sound like in my mind.  Not saying I don't like the new sound with Lecke but I wouldn't mind seeing MMJ do an all out guitar, drum and screaming assault on a Albini album in the future.
There's Still Time.........

dragonboy

QuoteBrian Eno producing one would be killer.  And Rick Ruben perhaps?

Did you mean Rick Rubin? I heard that he's doing a 'Johnny Cash' with Neil Diamond!!! Would it be very un-cool to admit that like some of Neil's older songs & am looking forward to this release?
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

aMillionDreams

I heard that he's doing a 'Johnny Cash' with Neil Diamond!!! Would it be very un-cool to admit that like some of Neil's older songs & am looking forward to this release?

Not in my mind it wouldn't.  I think Diamond rules and always will.  If he teams up with Rick Rubin I'll be counting the days until his new release.  Thanks for the info.

btw, it would be cool if MMJ teamed up with Rubin or, say, Biz Marquee, if they were looking for a hip-hop slant again.  However, this Lecke guy is pretty impressive!
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

dragonboy

Not in my mind it wouldn't.  I think Diamond rules and always will.  If he teams up with Rick Rubin I'll be counting the days until his new release.  Thanks for the info.

btw, it would be cool if MMJ teamed up with Rubin or, say, Biz Marquee, if they were looking for a hip-hop slant again.  However, this Lecke guy is pretty impressive!

Thanks for the support aMillionDreams! Who doesn't love the Biz?
What about Lee Scratch Perry? We all know that MMJ have some Reggae in them (Phone Went West, Off the Record). I would LOVE to hear dub versions of some of their tracks!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

primushead

Did you mean Rick Rubin? I heard that he's doing a 'Johnny Cash' with Neil Diamond!!! Would it be very un-cool to admit that like some of Neil's older songs & am looking forward to this release?

Damn, I knew I spelled that wrong :-[