so like, when we gettin' some tour dates man?

Started by chunt983, Aug 04, 2005, 03:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chunt983

Bored as hell, it's 5AM and I'm excited as hell for the next full tour to support the new album. So much to talk about, what band will open for them? or will it be a co headliner? How many dates will they play? Will they come back to pittsburgh, I fucking hope so...

btw, was anyone on this board at the last pittsburgh show at mr. smalls theatre last year? There must have been less than a hundred people there and it was truly an amazing show and one that I will never forget, probably the best concert I was ever at...and at the time I wasn't even a big MMJ fan, I just bought 'it still moves' because I heard about the band and when I heard they were coming I thought "what the hell, I'll go check em out" and I was blown away. I guess in a way I'm kinda worried that MMJ will skip us over cause it seems like a lot of bands these days are skipping over pittsburgh. Well, I guess time will tell, I just hope to see this band again live very soon, haven't stopped thinking about that concert for over a year now and I'd love to bring everyone I know to the next one.

ratsprayer

hmmm, well id say just from the conan date being confirmed on october 13, the tour is already scheduled.  i dont know the logistics of booking companies, venues, and all that, but id say a group on the level on MMJ couldnt slap a tour together and get decent venues all over the country in accordance with their travel plans on short notice.  again just basing it all from the conan appearnace, id guess mid to late october for the bulk of the dates.  wouldnt it make sense they go to london for those two shows (maybe more?), come back for the film opening, play conan to get more attention, and the melt the face of the rest of the country?  all shows within 6 hours of cincy are on my tentative travel plans, watch out.   ;D

corey

Patrick told me that they'll be on the road big-time after the album is out, so I don't think we have to worry about them not touring.
:)

chunt983

well same here, anything within about 4-6 hours from pittsburgh i'm hoping to make, so maybe i'll see you at the pittsburgh show...if there is one.

darkglow

it would def. be good to know a decent amount of time before the tour starts so that people can make plans.. etc. as i know most people dont have the luxury of being able to go at the dorp of the hat

ratsprayer

is there a site that lists all the former shows?  im wondering if theyve ever played the southgate house in newport, ky?  its the place i see shows the most, and by far my favourite.  those not from these parts may be like wtf newport, ky?  its directly across the river from cincy, and able to get a good market from indy, louisvile, and dayton since theyre all within a few hours.

www.southgatehouse.com

EC

I wouldn't be completely sure that they've secured tour dates, yet.  To see, I checked a couple of Toronto venues that I know they like playing at, and there's nothing on the websites.

I'm pretty sure that they'll post this information here as soon as it's secure with everybody (band + venue).  So don't you all worry.  They will come.  And there will be rock.  :)

CC

thebigbang

I saw them at the southgate, so I know they've been there. I even took photos at that show, but darned if I can find them. I think after October they will have moved up another rung from that level, but who knows.  I'd love to see them there again.

BTW, Ger's Nashville to Kentucky site will have the date of that show.

Quoteis there a site that lists all the former shows?  im wondering if theyve ever played the southgate house in newport, ky?  its the place i see shows the most, and by far my favourite.  those not from these parts may be like wtf newport, ky?  its directly across the river from cincy, and able to get a good market from indy, louisvile, and dayton since theyre all within a few hours.
Just a Heartbreakin' Man, doing a Victory Dance with Shaky Knees, along a Bermuda Highway

thebigbang

Just a Heartbreakin' Man, doing a Victory Dance with Shaky Knees, along a Bermuda Highway

ratsprayer

excellent, thanks for the pics.  i guess i remember they played bogart's in cincy(worst.place.ever!) last year right before bonnaroo, and i know it holds 1200.  of all the times ive been to southgate, i dont even know the capacity there, probably about the same i would guess.  now thinking about this if theyre going to play mostly 2000+ capacity venues, im wondering where the hell theyre going to play around here?  newport music hall in columbus seems the only standout choice, as i know they played there last year too.  all this rambling, just give us dates!  dates!

aMillionDreams

what's wrong with Bogarts?  I saw Bob Dylan there.  It's not too often that a legend like Dylan plays a club that only seats 1200.  So it couldn't be too awful.  
I'll be really interested to see what kind of tour the jacket will do this summer. I hope they play one show at headliners even if its invitation-only.  I'm not really looking forward to the day when I have to go to Riverbend or Deer Creek to see them.  Here's hoping! :)
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

kerri

This booking site says they are looking for college venues to play from Oct 1 - Nov 31:

http://college.caa.com/news/tours.asp?id=95

It doesn't narrow anything down geographically, but may give an idea about what size venues they'll play.

ratsprayer

Quotewhat's wrong with Bogarts?  I saw Bob Dylan there.  It's not too often that a legend like Dylan plays a club that only seats 1200.  So it couldn't be too awful.  
I'll be really interested to see what kind of tour the jacket will do this summer. I hope they play one show at headliners even if its invitation-only.  I'm not really looking forward to the day when I have to go to Riverbend or Deer Creek to see them.  Here's hoping! :)

i have no problem with the shows ive seen at bogarts, in fact theyve been some of my favourites.  i saw my only afghan whigs show there, and mr bungle a few years ago as well.  i just think, general business speaking, its one of the worst run places ive ever come across.  i went 6 years between shows there, and i think this past year id say it was worse than before.  its just a place you see a show, and they literally force you out the doors within about 10 or 15 minutes of the band being played.  the area around the club is completely piss poor, but you dont want to stand outside for hours either.  all opinion on my part, but even though id swore id never go back, i would for MMJ, but theyre the only band that would get me back there.

aMillionDreams

you're right, actually.  The "neighborhood" or ghetto around Bogarts is awful.  Now that you mention it I got jumped once after a show there and taken for eigthy bucks when I was seventeen.  But as much as that sucked I always think about that Dylan show when I think of Bogarts.  

Sorry to get off topic!  Make with the dates, yo!
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

CC

yeah, the bogarts area is a little weird. took a lil walk last year and quickly regretted I didn't bring my ghettoblaster. I didn't really fit in without it. next time I'm wearing my bling bling.

EC

Quoteyeah, the bogarts area is a little weird. took a lil walk last year and quickly regretted I didn't bring my ghettoblaster. I didn't really fit in without it. next time I'm wearing my bling bling.
ha ha ha!  

Hmm.  I wonder if they'll try to play the Universities in Toronto.  Hmmmm.  

Whatever, clearly I'll still go.  But in case anyone is listening, our school kids are old enough to go to clubs, and clubs are waaaayyyy better.  :)

Plus, I don't think a solo acoustic show would work in a college club.  But Toronto sure does have some lovely venues for a solo kind of a show...  ;)

ratsprayer

Quoteyeah, the bogarts area is a little weird. took a lil walk last year and quickly regretted I didn't bring my ghettoblaster. I didn't really fit in without it. next time I'm wearing my bling bling.

its pretty weird ass, or maybe not, the actual best parts of cincy for things to do (shops & bars) are in the pure fucking ghetto.  most of the downtown area is rather run down and ghetto fabulous, though.  its definitely one of the worst cities in the country for racial tension too, suck.

ratsprayer

oh yes, ive hijacked this thread with the shite of bogarts and such.  back to the dates!

nkdgunner

oh gosh, I can't wait for the guys to come back to chicago. I went to the Taste of Randolph show and was fucking off my rocker swimming in the good times.
When they come through for the Fall tour, I really hope they play Vic. The Metro has great sound, but security is a bunch of egotistical asses.... >:(