Main Menu

Cobra

Started by marktwain, Apr 22, 2003, 04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marktwain

Does anyone know if this song (or part of it) has ever been performed live?  I would love to get my hands on that performance, if it exists.

Oz

I read on the mailing list some time ago that they announced it a few times, then played one single note, and moved on. They also said they would play it, once, on a special evening, or something, but that didn´t sound serious. I doubt if they´ll ever do it, alas...
I'm ready when you are

hipkink

At one show they said, "here's one called, 'If I Knew You Were Coming, I Would've Baked a Cobra.'" And then they played "One Big Holiday."  ??? Pretty damn funny though -  :)
You came around when I needed you, now I'm up to my neck in you.

Oz

They´re famous for their weird jokes during gigs. I also love it when they play Evelyn and suddenly stop just before the last note and stand silent for minutes. It´s pretty cool how they always do funny things like that...
I'm ready when you are

octobersfire

bonnaroo '04   go to the STREAMS section on the this site

ratsprayer

they played part of it (shortened version of about 9 minutes or so) at lebowski fest last year.   ;D

peanut butter puddin surprise

yes they did, and it was AWESOME.  
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

ratsprayer

"hey everybody, look at the fireworks.  we paid for those, just for you!  just for you!  what a beautiful night!"

fuck yes, it was!   :)

Quote"hey everybody, look at the fireworks.  we paid for those, just for you!  just for you!  what a beautiful night!"

fuck yes, it was!   :)

what a beautiful bit of serendipity that was.   :D

ratsprayer

yeah, i can remember during OBH looking back at the river when  jim was singing 'so we listened and up the river' and seeing some big ass yacht back there.  every time i heard OBH, i get that image in my mind.  i remember having the last bit of some good ol' 'roo chronic too, what a crazy glorious night.  
 ;D ;D

primushead

The Bonnaroo '04 version was so great.  An uncanny resemblence of the chocolate n ice version.

tdan

"hey everybody, look at the fireworks.  we paid for those, just for you!  just for you!  what a beautiful night!"

Call me a late bloomer, but I became a fan that night.  What a great, great show.
Well the music is your special friend
Dance on fire as it intends
Music is your only friend
Until the end

Jellyfish

QuoteThe Bonnaroo '04 version was so great.  An uncanny resemblence of the chocolate n ice version.

Agreed. ;)
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

SMc55

Quote"hey everybody, look at the fireworks.  we paid for those, just for you!  just for you!  what a beautiful night!"

Call me a late bloomer, but I became a fan that night.  What a great, great show.

What a great time to become a fan  :D. Welcome to the forum.

very inspiring, welcome aboard!  ;D

marktwain

Followed by my favorite line:
"remember that band, Audioslave? Remember that video with all the fireworks?   ...this is better than that."

(or something to that effect)

EC

(Is THAT where that comes from?  I've always wondered...)

ratsprayer

Followed by my favorite line:
"remember that band, Audioslave? Remember that video with all the fireworks?   ...this is better than that."

(or something to that effect)

yeah, fucking hilarious.  didnt that buttload of reverb comment come from the show too?  ive listened to my recording probably 100 times since i got it last year, and i never hear him say that, but i swear i thought he did during one part of the show.

aMillionDreams

I think the buttload of reverb comment was during a headliner's show.  The drums started in on 'The Bear' and Jim says, "Let me go ahead and give a buttload of reverb on this one".  I don't know which headliners show it was because they start to run together but it was one of the more recent shows at headliners.  Lebowski Fest was a great show, too, though.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

darkglow

yeah the fireworks comment was really priceless!

"hey look at the fireworks, they're for yooooooouuuuu!"

another cool part of that show is when they played the dylan song at the very beginning and just walked off the stage and came back about a minute later saying "we're just kiddin'"