Into the Woods.....

Started by Nikkogino, Sep 20, 2005, 08:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikkogino

Is this song growing on anybody?  On first listen, I couldn't stand this song.  I felt that it was a little too strange and that placing it on the record was a big mistake.  The song has definitely grown on me, however, and it is becoming one of my favorite songs on the album.  I don't know what it is about the song.  I love how he sings, "I went over the river, and into the woods, where did i goooo."

Anyway, I love the song period.

Jellyfish

It grew on me too...now I love it.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

ratsprayer

definite grower.  i hated the bit where the drums kick in for the longest time.  now i think the song's a stunner.

Nikkogino

the chanting at the end is classic.

doEVILslittle

"put in more than you could ever get out" is an amazing line

Nikkogino

Quote"put in more than you could ever get out" is an amazing line

very very very true.  
right now, this is the order that I like the songs on Z:

Lay Low
Dondante
Knot Comes Loose
Into the Woods
Wordless Chorus
It Beats for You
Off the Record
What a Wonderful Man
Gideon
Anytime

realdeal

question. is this the same song that jim sang solo at the chicago show this year. something about "a kitten on fire"? and if so, does it sound similar to that live version?

ratsprayer

Quotequestion. is this the same song that jim sang solo at the chicago show this year. something about "a kitten on fire"? and if so, does it sound similar to that live version?

answer:  it is the same song, but its more carnival-waltzy instead of acoustic guitar-ish.

cmasters

Into the Woods was my favorite song on the album the first time I listened to it.  I grew tired of it.  Actually right now I'm not listening to Z as much as I had been.  That way when OCt. 4th rolls around I'm pumped as hell to pull it back out, man I have a problem.   :o

red

"a good shower head, and my right hand...the two best lovers, that I ever had"

I'm very happy someone pointed this lyric out to me

Nikkogino

Quote"a good shower head, and my right hand...the two best lovers, that I ever had"

I'm very happy someone pointed this lyric out to me

yeah, the lyrics of this song are very very very very interesting.