pitchfork rating predictions

Started by ratsprayer, Oct 05, 2005, 10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC

QuoteIll-will or not, it kinda surprises me as how 'gay' is the default setting for saying something is lame- that's all. The fact that it is the default setting is what I find sad.
Well, that's true.  That's one of those things, like the word "retarded", that I even used on here earlier today, that sometimes comes out of your mouth without thinking, and it is wrong.  You're right.

QuoteI'm not saying people shouldn't be happy with good reviews - but why get riled up about bad ones?
Why not?  If you don't like the writing, or you think the author's not done a good research job, then you can not like it.  I didn't really see anybody getting too freaked out, though...  

QuoteIf someone doesn't like the same thing as you, it doesn't make them wrong.
Yes it does.
haha.  just kidding.

QuoteIt looked like people were expecting an 8.9 or 9.0 or whatever - they got a 7.6. Again, getting all worked up over a fictional 1.3 points doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.
I'm trying to figure out how come YOU care so much about this...  I don't know, pitchfork can give it a certain review, we can feel one way or not about said review, and so it goes...

:)

But you're so right, and thank you for the reminder.  gay and retarded.  I have GOT to get those out of my immediate language.  

ratsprayer

my biggest fault with the internet is that sarcasm cant be detected.  im calling al gore right now, people.   ::)

peanut butter puddin surprise

meh, those writers have a thesaurus up their asses.  it's like a contest to see how many cool words and stupid personal reflections they can insert into a review.  wow, anyone could do that.

I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooo indie, and you're not!    I saw Guided by Voices in 1985!  And you didn't! That's what I get from their reviews...
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

primushead

sorry, its a bit of inside humour from another thread in regards to 'bitches' and 'gay'.  its a simple fact that a lot of us read pitchfork, so the anticipation of their review, good or bad, was on our minds, at least mine.  its a curiosity thing, and im sorry if you think im here banning their isp so i cant go to their page any more.  im not that worked up over, hence the term 'gay bitches.'  im not arsed if someone like it or not, but simple fact is being fans here on a band's forum, we are going to be interested in reviews, and make reviews of the reviews.  

I agree.  Pitchfork (at least as discussed on this forum) is more of a joke than anything.  It's funny to bitch about a review of an album that you love and a critic who gives it a generally mild review.  

TheLink

are we really trying to defend ourselves to this gay asshole?  c'mon, we are better than that. ;)  not that there is anything wrong with that. ;D

i'm kidding of course and this thread is getting way too silly for me.  give me a break buddy.  i think someone's politics are getting in the way of seeing this thing clearly. :P

ratsprayer

I agree.  Pitchfork (at least as discussed on this forum) is more of a joke than anything.  It's funny to bitch about a review of an album that you love and a critic who gives it a generally mild review.  

thats so gay you agree with me, primushead.   [smiley=bier.gif]

primushead

Quoteare we really trying to defend ourselves to this gay asshole?  c'mon, we are better than that. ;)  

I've got nothin' better to do, though.  It's rainy outside and I can defend this post to the bitter end!

primushead

thats so gay you agree with me, primushead.   [smiley=bier.gif]

Would you stop it with the lemonade already?  You stupid fucker ::)

primushead

Quotemy biggest fault with the internet is that sarcasm cant be detected.  im calling al gore right now, people.   ::)

Didn't see this before for some reason, but yeah!  Like the above post.  How could you know I'm joking when I said "you stupid fucker"?  Or maybe I wasn't joking at all...

The point is, there needs to be a sarcasm meter when you talk to people.  I've had many an awkward moment when I try to be witty and sarcastic, but end up getting read as an asshole.

primushead

LOL!

Say 'what' again, mutha fucka!  Say 'what'!

Damn, I need to watch that movie again.

you...flock of seagulls...don't get up.

I didn't say a goddamn thing to you!

Say what again, muthafucka!

fitzcarraldo

Mmmm...This Is a tasty burger!!

Pumpkin: Which one is your wallet?
Jules: It's the one that says Bad Motherfucker.

ratsprayer

you guys dont like the pitchfork review, and now youre quoting pulp fiction.  grow up, would you?   :D ;D

TheLink

sooo fucking high school.  i mean really. ;)

EC

Come on guys.  Ease it up.

(On a sidenote, at rehearsal last night, Shelby said to me "Oh, I get it, you do a bit of a retard (pronounced ritarrrd) in that section."  And I couldn't stop laughing for 20 minutes.  [retard means slow in italian or something]  Anyhoooo....)

ratsprayer

QuoteCome on guys.  Ease it up.

sorry, personally, i know im only trying to get attention here.   :-*

fitzcarraldo

Vincent: And you know what they call a... a... a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Paris?
Jules: They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?
Vincent: No man, they got the metric system. They wouldn't know what the fuck a Quarter Pounder is.
Jules: Then what do they call it?
Vincent: They call it a Royale with cheese.
Jules: A Royale with cheese. What do they call a Big Mac?
Vincent: Well, a Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it le Big-Mac.
Jules: Le Big-Mac. Ha ha ha ha. What do they call a Whopper?
Vincent: I dunno, I didn't go into Burger King.

Oz

Ehm, maybe it's just me, but that's a pretty good review on Pitchfork, isn't it? The 7.6 is a bit weird, granted, but the review, well, I kinda agree with it. Apart from the A/B-side part and how they seem to suggest that 'What a wonderful man' is religious, or whatever it is they're trying to say there, well, I've seen worse reviews. I liked it.

Apart from that, I think Pulp fiction is, if not the most overrated, then at least the most overquoted movie ever. I mean, what is that with people knowing whole dialogues by heart? Don't you have phone numbers to memorize, or something?
I'm ready when you are

Dobbs, more

Oh, shit. You agreed with pitchfork. Judging from past experience ... run for cover.