MMJ charts on Billboard

Started by LaurieBlue, Oct 12, 2005, 10:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurieBlue

http://www.vh1.com/news/articles/1511338/20051012/nickelback.jhtml?headlines=true

....."Trina's latest, Glamorest Life, came close, but couldn't quite score that top-10 cigar, debuting this week at #11 with 77,000 plus scans. Hers was one of several prominent discs to debut on the most recent Billboard chart. Melissa Etheridge's Greatest Hits: The Road Less Traveled opens at #14 with 66,000 in sales, while Shinedown's Us and Them takes #23 with 47,000 albums sold. O.A.R.'s newest, Stories of a Stranger, surfaces at #39 with sales of 28,000 and then some, and the Deftones' B-Sides & Rarities claims the #42 spot with nearly 27,000 scans. Liz Phair's latest, Somebody's Miracle, hits #46 with 24,000 in sales, while Dwele's Some Kinda ... opens at #54 (21,000), Atmosphere's You Can't Imagine How Much Fun We're Having takes the chart's #66 (19,000) with My Morning Jacket's Z at #67 (18,000)."

primushead

EC

Holy crap!!  :)  dooooooooot!

TheLink

someone please tell me how Nickelback could be #1?  these folks need help.   :-/

whothrewthecake

Quotesomeone please tell me how Nickelback could be #1? Êthese folks need help. Ê :-/

TheLink, i am with you on this one. once my brother came to pick me up to go eat and he was like, i can't wait for you to hear this new cd i got. as you can imagine, i got excited and when i got in his car it was nickelback. i have never forgiven him.

TheLink

you should have done him a favor and threw it out the damn window.  man, i hate to be a prick about music, but that shit is awful.  well, most of the top 40 is crap anyways.  i guess that is ok, but i'd like to see a decent band make it into the top 10 just once.  i guess when you make it onto a Cameron Crowe movie soundtrack it is just as good. ;)

peanut butter puddin surprise

Quotesomeone please tell me how Nickelback could be #1?  these folks need help.   :-/

Nickelback is the Loverboy of this decade. Do your own comparison...

1.  Both from Canada  (this is just a fact guys, not that bad music comes from Canada...that's bullshit!)
2.  Terribly vomitious, low artistic merit music
3.  Effeminate frontman who pretends to "rawk"
4.  Surgical precision production values
5.  Endlessly promoted

If I close my eyes and pretend I'm 13, I can't tell the difference between these two bands.  Except that Loverboy actually had at least 2 good songs...I can't think of ANY Nickelback songs that don't make me want to go deaf.

The fact that this band sells a ton of records is a mirror to the stylings of the record buying public and the promotion/rotation they've been exposed to 24/7.  Play a few songs often enough, and people buy it out of instinct.
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

fitzcarraldo

Numero 67, Ni-iice!!!  
That doesn't include itunes correct?