Started by LaurieBlue, Aug 13, 2005, 07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurieBlue

http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2005/08/1209.cfm

My Morning Jacket, Ryan Adams, Elton John On Elizabethtown Soundtrack
Friday August 12, 2005 @ 03:30 PM
By: ChartAttack.com Staff

My Morning Jacket  

Let's face it, the best thing about Cameron Crowe's movies is always the soundtracks. What would Almost Famous have been without Elton John's "Tiny Dancer" and "Mona Lisas And Mad Hatters?" And without "Free Falling,'" Jerry Maguire would have been another empty Tom Cruise vehicle.

It's been four years since Crowe's last film, Vanilla Sky, and anticipation for his new one, Elizabethtown, is naturally high. The movie — set to premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival in September — stars Orlando Bloom as a failed designer who travels to Elizabethtown, Kentucky and falls in love with a flight attendant, played by Kirsten Dunst.

But enough of that ho-hum, let's talk soundtrack. Billboard.com reports My Morning Jacket, Elton John, Tom Petty and Ryan Adams will contribute songs. The full track listing has not yet been confirmed, but an extended movie trailer is set to the tune of "My Father's Gun" by Elton John.

Additionally, My Morning Jacket lead singer Jim James said their song "Where To Begin" is at least one song guaranteed to appear on the soundtrack. The band also recorded a live version of "I Will Be There When You Die" for the movie's soundtrack companion, Songs From The Brown Hotel, to be released on August 16. My Morning Jacket also appear in the movie as a band called Ruckus.

Crowe, who pumped us full of classic rock on Almost Famous, said Elizabethtown "is probably even more of a musical. The music is as important as any of the characters — it's the movie's inner voice, a friendly guide and a secret muse," he said.

The Elizabethtown soundtrack hits stores on September 13.

—Angela Kozak

Killgies

Don't forget Vanilla Sky had a great soundtrack
"Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"