copy protection letter from band

Started by jimmy chavez, Oct 13, 2005, 01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy chavez

hi guys- here is one of many letters we have recieved from fans who bought our new album:

"Hi, my name is ---- and I'm a mailman in Canada.I like to listen to music while I deliver the mail in Canada.I use my trusty sony minidisc player to listen to the music I like.I like your music,so I went out and bought your new cd "Z" and tried to record it onto my minidisc player and this new security thing that is on the disc won't let me,and now I want to tear my eyeballs out of my head by sticking my hands up my ass and reaching into my head mashing through my brain so I can get to my eyeball cords and pulling them back down through my ass.So as you can see I'm not to happy about the fact that I can't listen to your music while I'm delivering the fucking  mail in fucking Canada. "

although this mail is HILARIOUS-it is very saddening. we are in no way in favor of the copy protection devices that are causing some people problems with loading and listening to the record on their computers. we were told this would not be a problem and are upset that it has become one. hopefully wth alll the tips people are posting on the site this problem can be overcome....and hopefully we can take care of it in the future. just believe me when i say that this is not intentional- and that we and everyone we work with hope that this can be solved asap.

thanks,
jim.

corey

Bravo, Jim.

I hate it when I read people saying that they are pissed at you guys for letting this happen. You guys didn't have a hand in the matter. Thanks for coming here and setting the record straight.

(I haven't had any trouble with it, btw!)
:)

havibulin

its as easy as pie if you read the other threads.

Sean Laverty

I'm impressed, thanks for being cool about it.  I didn't think it seemed like something you guys would pull.

tom_exorcisto

Just found this board today and the first post i see is Jim being incredibly nice!  Excellent.  I had 'the way that he sings' stuck in my head and needed to check the lyrics...great site. 'Z' is my next musical purchase.

Hope it goes on my iTunes alright.   ;)

Willy_Glen

jim can do no wrong.  "i miss him already"