Main Menu

Xmas Curtain

Started by eiseyrokker, Oct 17, 2005, 10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomEisenbraun

Woah, just listened to this again.

Anybody else get a serious Layla vibe from the end of it? All that slide, like the end of Layla. This song does nothing but grow on me. Especially now that it's nearing that wonderful season.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

primushead

Yah, definitely is one of my favorites.  One of my all time favorite lines..."we're criminals that never break the law". [smiley=guitar.gif]

dragonboy

Definately a grower.
I used to skip it when I first bought At Dawn but love it now.

That's SO true about the Layla style slide guitar. I'd never thought of that until now but just played it & you're so right!

[smiley=rock.gif]
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

sivalc

also one of my personal favourites im not ashamed to say this song has had me close to tears at times an absolute gem of a song. i love the way it starts and builds up my only description of what it sounds like is a flying saucer  taking off then boom straight into the vocal and the crashing piano

Clarkwork

Always been one of my favorite MMJ songs.  I really enjoy the Xmas Fiasco Style EP they did.  Has some other very good holiday tunes on it :)
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

EC

I like the jazzy version.  I love this song.   :)

loper

One of my favs too. :)

But, one question ???

Why does Jim sing 'law' as if it is 'line' ???

It was only when I belatedly looked at the lyrics that I discovered it was 'law' :-[