Top40-Charts.com (Australia)

Started by LaurieBlue, Oct 27, 2005, 04:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurieBlue

http://top40-charts.com/news.php?nid=18119

(warning - many pop-up ads on this site)

My Morning Jacket Regroup And Release New Album 'Z' On November 20, 2005

Sydney, AU (SONY BMG Music Entertainment) - The fabulous My Morning Jacket will release their brand new album 'Z' on November 20. Already garnering amazing reviews around the world, 'Z' sees MMJ move into new musical territory with the addition of two new members. Kentucky's finest rockers also appear on the upcoming soundtrack to Cameron Crowe flick 'Elizabethtown'. It was touch and go for My Morning Jacket when two of the band's original members decided to leave. The remaining members - singer/guitarist Jim James, bassist Two Tone Tommy and drummer Patrick Hallihan - didn't really know which direction to proceed: go on as a three-piece, look for new members, or stop altogether, but something propelled them on. So they looked for new members and found keyboardist player Bo Koster and guitarist Carl Broemel.
Luckily for us, this proved to be a wise move. The new MMJ shook their sound up and worked in collaboration with veteran English producer John Leckie on 'Z'. The result? A brilliant 10-song collection that encompasses carefully wrought ballads, multi-genre jams, silvery country-soul and high-energy rockers.

We think it has 'classic album' written all over it, but don't take our word for it - check out these stellar reviews...
"The Kentucky quintet's new album is q religious experience. On every level it's the stuff of revelation." - 5 out of 5 MOJO
"If you felt there was something missing at the end of X&Y then you'll find it in Z" - 4 out of 5 Uncut
"Magical" - 4 stars Q Magazine
"Soul infused Americana rock for the modern age" - KKKK Kerrang!

My Morning Jacket also appear on the soundtrack to upcoming Cameron Crowe flick 'Elizabethtown' as well as in the movie! The guys play a Southern-fried rock band and perform a cover of Lynyrd Skynyrd's 'Freebird' - just seeing the MMJ guys rock out in the film is worth the price of a movie ticket alone!
My Morning Jacket's album 'Z' is released November 20