The Tennessee Fire

Started by Rob, Nov 12, 2005, 11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob

44 pages and no TTF thread?! Anyway, just got it last week...now I have all 4 full-lengths, and 2 EPs...I like the reverb heavy songs best (surprise-surprise).....Heartbreakin, Bear, Car, Evelyn, Hell......At Dawn must've been a real shocker after this raw (but still good) debut.  They Ran, and Nashville to Kentucky are pretty great, too.
"demon eyes are watchin' everywhere"

Jaimoe

I Will Be There When You Die is the most powerful song on the album and my favourite MMJ tune. It means so much to me and my girlfriend that we're using it as our wedding song next summer.

thebear0284

any idea who joe is in "I will be there when you die," as in "joe was born in new york city..." is that a friend, a really good friend, or just a literary device?  

dragonboy

QuoteI Will Be There When You Die is the most powerful song on the album and my favourite MMJ tune. It means so much to me and my girlfriend that we're using it as our wedding song next summer.

I have three versions of the song, 1 from TF, 1 from the Songs from the Brown Hotel EP & 1 from Chapter 2: Learning. I think the later is the best  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

primushead

I have three versions of the song, 1 from TF, 1 from the Songs from the Brown Hotel EP & 1 from Chapter 2: Learning. I think the later is the best  :)

Ch. 2 version is definitely the best.  Sunrides and the girls scream segueway into IWBTWYD is magical :)