Main Menu

Lay Low

Started by johnconaway, Oct 26, 2005, 09:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

dude, that ending twin guitar solo kicks my ass every time.  i love the flourishing sounds both players are emitting...
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

EC

Quotedude, that ending twin guitar solo kicks my ass every time.  i love the flourishing sounds both players are emitting...
Me, too.  I am really keen on this song.  It's kickass.

I wish I could be more, ah, you know, use better words, but the thing about this song is that it kind of hits you in your gut, and without really thinking about it, you are forced to rock along.

Half

this song makes me want to grab the closest girl wearing Wranglers and make her mine, all mine
but i done went and plum forgot it

kevinjanes

and it's even better live! I saw them play it Sunday in Indy. Didn't see any girls in Wranglers though...Come to think of it, I didn't see that many girls at all. It was mostly guys at that show, maybe even 75% guys, strange. Most of my 11 MMJ experiences have been pretty equally matched, guys/girls...

sideroad32

What i really love about lay low is the interplay between the bass and drums, really incredibly good.

wordlesschorus

Quotedude, that ending twin guitar solo kicks my ass every time.  i love the flourishing sounds both players are emitting...

that is very true!

Half

Quotethis song makes me want to grab the closest girl wearing Wranglers and make her mine, all mine

i decided last night that it as in fact Jordache Jeans

realdeal

also 'Chic' jeans as well.

loper

Lay Low is a monster tear up. It reminds me of Santana at their best [smiley=guitar.gif] [smiley=guitar.gif]

Half

fap fap fap fap fap fap

tdan

Well the music is your special friend
Dance on fire as it intends
Music is your only friend
Until the end

Oz

QuoteLay Low is a monster tear up. It reminds me of Santana at their best [smiley=guitar.gif] [smiley=guitar.gif]

I absolutely hate Santana and most of the times I'm not that hot about guitar solos, but I have to agree on the ending of 'Lay low', especially when the piano kicks in, I suddenly start thinking if I was wrong about Van Halen all this time... :D
I'm ready when you are

ratsprayer

I absolutely hate Santana and most of the times I'm not that hot about guitar solos, but I have to agree on the ending of 'Lay low', especially when the piano kicks in, I suddenly start thinking if I was wrong about Van Halen all this time... :D

if youre not liking Roth-era van halen, yes youve been quite wrong.   ;D

loper

QuoteI absolutely hate Santana

I've heard of people who dont like Santana, but I've never heard of anyone being that negative.

Did he molest you as a child or something ??? :-*

loper

I didn't get that too right :-[

yo, Carlos Santana will absolutely kick your ass if you see him live.  Quite possibly one of the most amazing guitar players on the planet.  Don't fall for the wankery of the last ten years or so of releases, go for '70s stuff like "Abraxas" or "Lotus Moonflower", or even the greatest hits collection.  Steer away from anything with Rob Thomas or Michelle Branch.  Ewwwww.

loper

Caravanserai does it for me, John.

Song of the Wind is the most beautiful guitar instrumental I've ever heard.  :)

The Love Devotion Surrender album with John McLaughlin is also tasty and beyond the range of 99% of  so called rock bands.

bo dereks tits

I liked Lay Low from the first time i heard it, not my fav MMJ song, but it's damn good.

However, after seeing them absolutely RIP that song live at the Fox Theater a few weeks ago, let it be known, that song does some serious damage live.  It was one of the unexpected highlights of the night.

loper

QuoteI liked Lay Low from the first time i heard it, not my fav MMJ song, but it's damn good.

However, after seeing them absolutely RIP that song live at the Fox Theater a few weeks ago, let it be known, that song does some serious damage live.  It was one of the unexpected highlights of the night.

Definitely NOT unexpected to me ;)