iTunes Essentials

Started by tdan, Nov 15, 2005, 11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdan

Just noticed that iTunes has released a new MMJ iTunes Essentials list earlier today.  I found it on the iTunes Essentials section of the main iTunes Music Store page.

It seems like a pretty cool MMJ mix tape.  They have it seperated into four sections (Basic, Next Steps, Deep Cuts, and Complete Set).  They have high praises about MMJ and they seem to have designed this specifically for introducing new listeners to MMJ.  I would have included the song lists and their write-ups, but I cannot copy/paste.  Here is a link for those of you with iTunes though...
Well the music is your special friend
Dance on fire as it intends
Music is your only friend
Until the end

whothrewthecake

that's pretty cool. thanks for posting about that.  :)

tdan

No problem.  After reading it all the way through, I would say that the person who compiled these playlists and the commentaries is definetly a fan.  If I were a betting man I would bet that they had just attended one of the west coast shows.
Well the music is your special friend
Dance on fire as it intends
Music is your only friend
Until the end

Dee.

For quick reference & the iTunes-less.   :-*

THE BASICS: Ask diehard My Morning Jacket fans (and the numbers are growing by the hour) to name the group's core tracks, and listen as the same titles are mentioned again and again: the sawdust shuffle of "Golden," the thundering rock 'n' roll of "One Big Holiday," the aching tenderness of "Just One Thing" - these are the Basics that leave us breathless 'til the house lights come on.

NEXT STEPS: Few bands utilize the LP's potential quite like My Morning Jacket, whose albums tend to clock in at an epic 73 minutes.  And when the group's not filling those vast spaces with choice cuts ("I Will Sing You Songs," "Evelyn Is Not Real") their seemingly bottomless songwriting well spills over to the in-between EPS, like the brilliant Chocolate and Ice and Acoustic Citsuoca.

DEEP CUTS: For real MMJ fans (and, yes, that's what we call the group), Deep Cuts is where the fun really begins - where we roll up our sleeves and (strongly) suggest cuts we know you're gonna dig.  Cuts like the group's hypnotic takes on Elton John's "Rocket Man" and Cass Elliot's "Dream a Lil Dream of Me."