At Dawn demos

Started by johnconaway, May 08, 2003, 06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

Okay, going through another phase of nonstop spinnin' of At Dawn demos...anyone else have a serious itch for that record?  
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Oz

That record is sublime, indeed. I put it on when I need to chill. It's a lovely laidback thing. And the demo version of Phone Went West always makes me cry. That one is so extremely heavy... I love it.
I'm ready when you are

I've always thought that version is just chilling...like he's stalking the person he's called on the phone...she doesn't hang up on him, though...

Kyle

Where can one get the demos?

try the link to wichita records, or www.darla.com and see if they have any left...good luck!  they only released 1000 or so copies, so it might be hard to find.

bad bad leroy brown

hmmm... might it be possible to obtain the demos from some one here?

darla isn't helping me much....

bad bad leroy brown

I found 3 on Kazaa...

Plus Rocket Man, really good cover.

realdeal

any info as to when the old demos will be released? i heard something like next year.

tomEisenbraun

i think its february

late february or march, somehtin like that
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

cmccubbin25

I was just browsing Amazon.com for MMJ stuff and they have a product titled "At Dawn/Tennessee Fire Demos" scheduled to release on April 18, 2006.

Here is their album description:

"We will make this title available as soon as possible. The band wants to hold formal release of this one for just a little while longer. No worries tho' it won't be forever! When we originally released My Morning Jacket's epic At Dawn the first 2500 CD and 1000 LP came with a bonus demos disc, which was like another At Dawn in itself. This has long been out of print now and we frequently receive requests for it. The beloved demos disc will be available once again with the addition of seven choice demo versions from The Tennesee Fire sessions as well. Track list: 1. The Way That He Sings (demo version) 2. Hopefully (demo version) 3. Just Because I Do (demo version) 4. Bermuda Highway (demo version) 5. Lowdown (demo version) 6. Honest Man (demo version) 7. At Dawn (demo version) 8. I Needed It Most (demo version) 9. Lead Me Father (demo version) 10. Phone Went West (demo version) 11. Chills (demo version) 12. Just Because I Do (version 1) 13. Heartbreakin Man (version 1) 14. Evelyn (version 1) 15. The Bear (version 2) 16. If All Else Fails (version 1) 17. Picture Of You (version 1) 18. I Think I'm Going To Hell (version 1). Darla."
Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.

rob

CAN'T WAIT........it'll be like a whole new MMJ CD.........to me, anyway.......... :o
"demon eyes are watchin' everywhere"

dragonboy

Yer - I keep getting excited about the Demos but they keep changing the dates!  :-[

Still it makes sense, I guess Darla is waiting for Z to sell shitloads before they release
the Demos...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

realdeal

Darla will be waiting a long time then. Anybody know how many units have been sold so far.

dragonboy

The ever-positive Realdeal!  :-/
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

corey

I'm fuckin' dying to hear that version of "I think I'm going to hell", especially if it's just Jim and a guitar like the video that is in the STREAMS section.

hhhh@bot.org

any word on when this is actually going to be out CC?

CC

Quoteany word on when this is actually going to be out CC?

I don't know, my guess is as good as yours on this one.