Would you have an MMJ song for your wedding?

Started by Golden_Shores, Nov 17, 2005, 03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fitzcarraldo

Would I have an MMJ song for my wedding.?
Definitely, first dance "Golden". & my ladyfriend agrees.  :D

Easy Morning Rebel

You chose my thread to post in first?   :-[  Thank you.  And Welcome...
haha, yeah I did. Thanks for the welcome
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/"]http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/[/url]

Even cowgirls get the blues

Easy Morning Rebel

Welcome to you. Changing your mind about songs is a feature of being a fan of this band I think  :)
Yeah, I guess so too..  :P
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/"]http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/[/url]

Even cowgirls get the blues

Ironcross

I just got married Oct. 2 and "Just One Thing" was our song.  MMJ was our first concert together.

Golden_Shores

QuoteI just got married Oct. 2 and "Just One Thing" was our song.  MMJ was our first concert together.

I think it's so perfect.  It's a great song with great, simple lyrics and it's short so that people aren't sitting around for 6 1/2 minutes while the bride and groom dance.  I want my dinner already!
Sometimes I wear pants.

Half

Come Closer is kind of a sexy number, but i think Just One Thing is the best bet.
but i done went and plum forgot it

waxy

If I could do it all over again, I'd probely go with "Cobra"
makes much more sense to live in the present tense

Cameron

i'm getting married in april and will be playing sooner and come closer.  can't wait!

Drew

Lowdown would be a good choice. My chick loves that one (who doesn't?).

Same with Sooner--a classic MMJ ballad. Knot Comes Loose would be another.

My wife and I debated long and hard on whether or not to have an My Morning Jacket as our wedding song.   In the end, however, we went with "Just to Know that You've Been Dreaming" by Will Johnson--who I first heard about through MMJ.  Ironically, MMJ just played with Will in Dallas and they came on stage to help him play that song.  What I would have done to have had a copy of that version for the wedding.

kepp

My fiancee and I are getting married in Oct.  I think we'll play Lowdown and prior to leaving (before everyone else does), Mahgeetah will be playing.  "So, are you ready to go, my lady...?"  Perfect.

nkdgunner

How about "One big Holiday"
I gave the best man speech at a friend's wedding a few months back, and my closing line went as so, "as Jim James would say, let your lives together be one big holiday." Only my girlfirend and the groom got it, but he had a big old smile on his face. At the reception a few people mentioned that was a great way to end the speech.
It's a little rockin, but when I get married, I hope our lives and wedding day together are "One Big Holiday."

whothrewthecake

QuoteHow about "One big Holiday"
I gave the best man speech at a friend's wedding a few months back, and my closing line went as so, "as Jim James would say, let your lives together be one big holiday." Only my girlfirend and the groom got it, but he had a big old smile on his face. At the reception a few people mentioned that was a great way to end the speech.
It's a little rockin, but when I get married, I hope our lives and wedding day together are "One Big Holiday."

i love that! best best man ever.

nkdgunner

i love that! best best man ever.

thank you

rmwehner

I got married this past may and we have "hopefully" play during the dinner setting and then "just because i do" when i was pulling the guarder off of my wife. and then when we were naked later we played "lowdown". Jk about the last part.

ratliflm

This year at the Cincy show my fiance and I got to talk to Jim and let him know that Just One Thing was going to be our wedding song!!  We were so excited....he said he was honored and seemed very sincere about it.  I wonder how much it would cost to pay them off to play at the wedding....haha in my dreams! :D

Clarkwork

How about Into the Woods.  You could have the audience come in singing at the end.  

I think Hopefully would be a great one...
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....