Indie Bands Move Closer to the Mainstream

Started by ChiefCrowe, Sep 15, 2005, 05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC

I choose to do the latte, myself.  I'm pretty tired right now, and I need a little pick-me-up.

(whoooo I am laughing too hard at myself.  I need to get the hell out of here and go hoooooome.)

ratsprayer

QuoteI liked Lars Ulrich's response when asked if Metallica has sold out: "Yes, everywhere we play, we sell out the venue".

Ashlee Simpson's first album sold more copies than all MMJ albums combined. So, people really relate to Ashlee's music and they connect and feel better when they listen to it. There's some girl in Jackson, Mississippi who gained courage and strength from an Ashlee Simpson song, does it really matter that I don't like Ashlee Simposon? Does it matter? No. More power to Ashlee Simpson.

You can get caught up in the whole indie creds/money making/fan base/video/O.C./blah blah blah argument or you choose not to put your energy there and just support your favorite artists; I choose to do the latter.

i like the way you think.

ycartrob

EC, tell me latte was intentional (rather than latter).  :)

dragonboy

QuoteI liked Lars Ulrich's response when asked if Metallica has sold out: "Yes, everywhere we play, we sell out the venue".

Ashlee Simpson's first album sold more copies than all MMJ albums combined. So, people really relate to Ashlee's music and they connect and feel better when they listen to it. There's some girl in Jackson, Mississippi who gained courage and strength from an Ashlee Simpson song, does it really matter that I don't like Ashlee Simposon? Does it matter? No. More power to Ashlee Simpson.

You can get caught up in the whole indie creds/money making/fan base/video/O.C./blah blah blah argument or you choose not to put your energy there and just support your favorite artists; I choose to do the latter.

What a great post, very well said Sir!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

EC

QuoteEC, tell me latte was intentional (rather than latter).  :)
Yes. :)  I had that fit of hilarity that you sometimes get when you're almost done work and you're really tired, but you still have about an hour left, and it feels like two years.  

(Did you laugh?)

ycartrob

peanut butter puddin surprise

It could be argued that the reason Ashlee Simpson sells more records is because of the exposure.  You can't know what champagne tastes like if all you've ever had is beer.
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

ycartrob

good point John. I ma just awaiting the new Ashlee album b/c she'll have to re-invent herself to stay "fresh". Perhaps a meaner Ashlee, perhaps a Motorhead or GWAR cover? Spikes, leather, attitude? She could do to metal what Avril Lavine did to punk.

peanut butter puddin surprise

Quotegood point John. I ma just awaiting the new Ashlee album b/c she'll have to re-invent herself to stay "fresh". Perhaps a meaner Ashlee, perhaps a Motorhead or GWAR cover? Spikes, leather, attitude? She could do to metal what Avril Lavine did to punk.

short of a duet and nude photo shoot with Liz Phair, I'm not interested... ;)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

ratsprayer

short of a duet and nude photo shoot with Liz Phair, I'm not interested... ;)

liz phair is soooo 1994.