How do you Rate all of your MMJ Albums/Eps?

Started by dragonboy, Jan 07, 2006, 03:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonboy

Now that we've all had Z for a few months I'm interested to see how it sits with the rest of your MMJ albums & EPs.
Put all of the Albums & Eps that you have in order, your favourite obviously being 1st.

Full Albums
1. At Dawn
2. It Still Moves
3. Z
4. The Tennessee Fire
5. Chapter 1
6. Chapter 2

EPs
1. Acoustic Citsuoca
2. Xmas Fiasco
3. Chocolate & Ice
4. MMJ/Split with SongsOhio

NB because an album or EP is far down on my list doesn't mean I don't like it.
MMJ simply haven't put out a bad release in my book, I'm just interested to see which albums & EPs everyone likes best  :)

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Easy Morning Rebel

I think my order would look like just the same as yours, only the change that I haven't heard the last two in both lists yet. Though I'm working on it. I've just ordered some of them yesterday.

I'll come  back later when I have heard the rest of it and make my list complete.
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/"]http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/[/url]

Even cowgirls get the blues

Jellyfish

1.TTF
2. AD
3.ISM
4.Z
5.Chapter 1
6.Chapter 2

EP's
1.Sweatbee's(Aussie version)
2.Acoustic Citsuoca
3.Chocolate & Ice
4.Xmas Fiasco
5.Split
6.Heartbreakin Man
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

Angry Ewok

So far...

Z - Next to Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon, this is one of the very few albums that I tend to listen to track to track without skipping anything. I love these songs, and I find the lyrics very powerful.

At Dawn - For whatever reason, I've actually come to love this album more than It Still Moves. It has alot to do with the place I am in my life - I'm able to completely relate to some of the tracks that didn't really get me the first time around.

It Still Moves - Still what I consider to be one of the best Rock albums offered in present day. I usually skip around on this album, though.

Acoustic Citsuoca - This is probably the album that I most often refer people to, when they want to get a taste of Jacket. You can't beat a clean sounding Live recording of fantastic songs...

Tennessee Fire - This album is begining to be alot like At Dawn for me, I'm starting to like it more and more... so in a week I may rate it even higher in my book. I Think I'm Going To Hell at the end, is alone worth putting the CD in the player.

Chocolate Ice - It's alright, I guess. Honestly, I wasn't really blown away by it - which caught me completely off guard.

Learning and Sandworm Cometh - Really amazing albums! I love the diversity from song to song. Until you learn your way through the tracks, you have no clue what direction you'll be taken next. There are so many highlights.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

cmasters

Albums
1)It Still Moves
2) At Dawn
3) Z
4) The Tenneessee Fire
5) Chapter1
6) Chapter2

EPs
1) Chocolate & Ice
2) Split
3) Acoustic Citsouica
4) Xmas Fiasco Style
5) Heartbreakin' Man

JacketGal

I share your choices for the full albums ;D ...but for the EPs I would rate them:

1. Acoustic
2. Split/ Songs Ohia
3. Choc &  Ice
4. Xmas Fiasco Style

QuoteNow that we've all had Z for a few months I'm interested to see how it sits with the rest of your MMJ albums & EPs.
Put all of the Albums & Eps that you have in order, your favourite obviously being 1st.

Full Albums
1. At Dawn
2. It Still Moves
3. Z
4. The Tennessee Fire
5. Chapter 1
6. Chapter 2

EPs
1. Acoustic Citsuoca
2. Xmas Fiasco
3. Chocolate & Ice
4. MMJ/Split with SongsOhio

NB because an album or EP is far down on my list doesn't mean I don't like it.
MMJ simply haven't put out a bad release in my book, I'm just interested to see which albums & EPs everyone likes best  :)

But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

wellfleet

Albums

1. It Still Moves (my first time with the Jacket  ;D )
2. At Dawn
3. Z
4. Tennessee Fire
5. Chapter 1
6. Chapter 2

EPs

1. Chocolate & Ice
2. XMas Fiasco Style
3. Acoustic Citsuoca
4. Heartbreakin' Man
5. Split EP
everything sucks. really.

dragonboy

A lot of Love for the Heartbreakin Man EP - I just checked amazon but it's not listed, I guess I have to go to ebay to find a copy?

Also are any of the versions on Sweetbees different to the album versions?

Thanks  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

wellfleet

Heartbreakin' Man has been out of print for a long time. I was in a serious dogfight for it on Ebay twice. I lost the first bid in the last five minutes and I was so pissed... I won the second time around, but the bidding pushed to almost 40$ for a used copy.
Sweatbees is a compilation, like a best-of of the EPs plus all the songs from the split EP. i think.
everything sucks. really.

sweatboard

AT DAWN = Best Album Produced By MANKIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There's Still Time.........

dragonboy

Sweatbees is a compilation, like a best-of of the EPs plus all the songs from the split EP. i think.

That's what I thought & why I never bought it. If you have the rest of the Albums & EPs you have all of the tracks, right?

dragonboy

QuoteAT DAWN = Best Album Produced By MANKIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll raise a glass & second that!

Easy Morning Rebel

QuoteAT DAWN = Best Album Produced By MANKIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Indeed. ;D
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/"]http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/[/url]

Even cowgirls get the blues