Exclusive Sooner Free With Mojo

Started by dragonboy, Dec 13, 2005, 04:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonboy

Apologies if this was already posted, didn't see it anywhere.

The latest issue of Mojo (Jan) has an exclusive live version of Sooner.
Not much info: recorded in Camden London, no date. Jim solo. I think it's an omnichord version?

:)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Dee.

A-ha, the one with The Boss on the cover.  I'll keep an eye out for it.  

Born In The USA Volume 2 (The New American Songbook)
1. Iron & Wine - Woman King
2. Ray LaMontagne - Jolene
3. Frank Black - I Burn Today
4. Josh Rouse - Streetlights
5. Brendan Benson - Alternative to Love
6. Dan Sartain - Leeches Pt. 1
7. Magnolia Electric Co - Hard To Love A Man
8. Bright Eyes - Land Locked
9. Joanna Newsom - Sprout And The Bean
10. Sufjan Stevens - John Wayne Gacy Jr.
11. Rosie Thomas - Pretty Dress
12. Willard Grant Conspiracy - Evening Mass
13. Kelley Stoltz - The Sun Comes Through
14. Jim James - Sooner (live)
15. Black Mountain - Heart of Snow

Apparently volume 1 is the old American songbook.

dragonboy

That's right, Woody Guthrie & Son House etc.
Vol2 is actually a damn fine free CD!  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy

QuoteA-ha, the one with The Boss on the cover.  

Actually that's not Jim on the cover, it's some dude called Bruce Springsteen.  ;)

ali

mojo is a great mag anyway, but i'm definitely getting it for the cd this time - if only for no.s 1,2,10 and most for #14!!

have been wanting to check out sufjan stevens for quite a while, so this could be a good intro
love a song for the way it makes you feel

dragonboy

Yer Mojo is the only Magazine I don't give away when I've finished.
It's such an excellent mix of old & new & covers all genres without any hint of prejuduce.

ali

i used to like getting Q as well, but i think that's gone downhill lately.... i was running out of space for magazines anyway, so its probably a good thing (i think i've got about 50 or 60 Qs and maybe 20 really good mojos - john lennon, george, jeff buckly, pink floyd special.... really good mag)

dragonboy

I was thinking the same thing myself the other day.
Q becomes more & more for the "kids" with every issue.
Maybe I'm just getting old?  :-/

ali

i know... me too! bit sad really. the mag and the music in it seems mostly really commercial and crap. but then again, i'm just an old-fashioned music snob...  ;D

Dee.

Actually that's not Jim on the cover, it's some dude called Bruce Springsteen.  ;)
Ha!

About Q, that's a glossy cover, right?  And Mojo is more of a matte finish.  Matte = sophistication.  My analysis is complete.  ;)

dragonboy

About Q, that's a glossy cover, right?  And Mojo is more of a matte finish.  Matte = sophistication.  My analysis is complete.  ;)

That's great!  ;D
I thought Matte & Glossy finishes were only relative to "men's" magazines  ;)

ali

might get the new mojo for some reading material on the plane home next week!

matte is SO much more high-class than gloss. the day Q went to gloss, they pretty much lost me then & there ;D

The green vase

Quotemojo is a great mag anyway, but i'm definitely getting it for the cd this time - if only for no.s 1,2,10 and most for #14!!

have been wanting to check out sufjan stevens for quite a while, so this could be a good intro

Track 10 is the Sufjan track to hear! OK.. so Arcade Fire's "Funeral" was my album of the year, but this Sufjan track - John Wayne Gacey Jnr was the song of 2005 for me. (Give it a couple of listens. It will squirrel around in that space - late at night)

Dee.

I just got this today.  Yeah, we're a little behind.  :)

mp3 anyone?
Sooner

Easy Morning Rebel

QuoteI just got this today.  Yeah, we're a little behind.  :)

mp3 anyone?
Sooner
Do you want to upload it again, I was a little bit late so the limit has run out already.
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/"]http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/[/url]

Even cowgirls get the blues

Dee.

Oh, the limit hasn't run out, it's just doing the "too many users" thing right now.  That link will still be working, but here's a yousendit while we wait..

Sooner

Easy Morning Rebel

QuoteOh, the limit hasn't run out, it's just doing the "too many users" thing right now.  That link will still be working, but here's a yousendit while we wait..

Sooner

Thank you! :)
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/"]http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/[/url]

Even cowgirls get the blues