I need your help!

Started by saki, Feb 06, 2006, 03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saki

Hey everyone!

I was talking to a friend of mine the other day and MMJ was brought up.  I was telling him that they're my favorite band and blah blah blah...So he wants me to burn him a cd and this guy's got great taste in music (he listens to all kinds but he's a huge deadhead having gone to like 30 shows back in the 80's and 90's)  Anyway, the guy has a nice stereo system in his house and he regularly plays music when he's hosting a party or get-together.  And so if I can get this guy turned on to the Jacket he would play it and he would turn on a bunch more people to them.  BTW he's from Vancoucer, BC.  He lives in North Carolina now but he'll move back there in a few years...

So here's the track list so far...(let me know if I should leave out any of these or add any songs)

1.  One Big Holiday
2.  Golden
3.  Easy Mornin' Rebel
4.  Wordless
5.  Off the record
6.  Lay Low
7.  Bermuda Highway
8.  Lowdown
9.  Just Because I do
10.  Old Sept. Blues
11.  Evelyn is real
12.  I think I'm going to Hell
13.  Sooner
14.  Sweetheart
15.  Cobra (live Bonnaroo '04)
16.  Chills

Jellyfish

Quotehe listens to all kinds but he's a huge deadhead having gone to like 30 shows back in the 80's and 90's)

This could be me......my advise....let him "borrow"(ahem) At Dawn and he will be hooked.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

Chills

This mix requires The Bear

Jaimoe

Start with the albums. Deadheads are cool with listening to great albums with the songs being in their proper context. Tennessee Fire makes sense for starters.

I've gotten many Deadheads hooked on MMJ and I did so by getting them the albums. Mixes may not encourage your friend to purchase the albums... at least at first.

Sleazy Rider

If you make a mix you should include Run Thru and O Is The One.
Politics. It's a drag. They put one foot in the grave, and the other on The Flag.

Mr. T.

11.  Evelyn is real

Is she really? Or isn't she? ;)

I would ad "The Way That He Sings". And Chills is right, please do ad The Bear.
We are young despite the years,
we are concern,
we are hope despite the times

saki

Thanks Mr. T.,

God!!  How could I overlook that!!  I don't feel like a true fan anymore... :-X

Yeah, I definitely did consider putting The Bear on there.

DD

watch out for the riaa! :P
[url="//www.myspace.com/rednails"]www.myspace.com/rednails[/url]

www.garageband.com/artist/rednails