Main Menu

Cobra

Started by jrat, Mar 07, 2006, 04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrat

i have a question that some might find retarded. ive read that Cobra is a nod to the steve miller band. i thought this meant it was a cover, so when i went to find the lyrics, i typed in steve miller band. but i didnt find matching songs. is this an original MMJ tune? eitherway, i like it, especially being 24 mins long. i wish more songs were this long dammit.
wave upon wave of demented avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity into a dream - pink floyd

saki

Quotei have a question that some might find retarded. ive read that Cobra is a nod to the steve miller band. i thought this meant it was a cover, so when i went to find the lyrics, i typed in steve miller band. but i didnt find matching songs. is this an original MMJ tune? eitherway, i like it, especially being 24 mins long. i wish more songs were this long dammit.

No, cuz I'm pretty sure if you read the liner notes it says something like, "all songs written and performed by Jim James."  

Besides, you think the Steve Miller Band could write something like this?

jrat

i dont have the album, just the song. my freind made me a mix cd with that on it. And i know fuck all about steve miller or his damn band. if they didnt write cobra, then ill remain ignorant of their music.

thanks for the info Saki
wave upon wave of demented avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity into a dream - pink floyd

ratsprayer

i think it's linked to steve miller because a lot of the song sounds like abbracadabra, is that spelled right?  

MMJ_fanatic

Quotei think it's linked to steve miller because a lot of the song sounds like abbracadabra, is that spelled right?  

my head hurts now :-/
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

realdeal

im speechless ???

XmXbX

A friend has been searching for the lyrics for Cobra for the longest time. Does anyone have them. I would greatly appreciate it. I know my friend will be very gratefull too.

jrat

i cant find em anywhere

Easy Morning Rebel

[url="http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/"]http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/[/url]

Even cowgirls get the blues

EC

I had totally forgot about that.  Oh my.

You know, I think I just realized that Cobra is about a woman.