Gideon at 120,000 miles

Started by johnconaway, Mar 24, 2006, 07:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

soooooooooo...I'm driving to work this a.m. and listening to Z (of course) and just as my car turns over to 120,000 miles, the first note of "Gideon" starts.  Coincidence?  I think not!
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

ratsprayer

BH

Quotesoooooooooo...

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII DooooooooooBeliEEEEEEEEEEeeeeEEEEV.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

none of this is physical....'least not to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee  :)

MMJ_fanatic

So JC--is that MOPAR in your avatar the car in question?  Are you a fellow fan of the pentastar?  If so your coolness factor just jumped several pegs in the Swanson book 8)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

wholovesthesun

maybe a little bit creepy that steam engine came on JUST as i read this topic for the first time right now.

why must the music gods fuck with our heads?
mmm...ber.

Meddle

I may sound ignorant, but what is the coincidence?
...And Some Are Angels...

Elizanne33

I was driving home from work one night, shortly after I had bought Z. I was listening to Gideon when it occurred to me how much I liked the album. Right as the thought came to me, I saw a shooting star streak across the sky.

QuoteI may sound ignorant, but what is the coincidence?

what are the odds that the odometer would turn over at EXACTLY 120K when the song started?  that's the coincidence to me...half joking, of course.  just odd.

QuoteSo JC--is that MOPAR in your avatar the car in question?  Are you a fellow fan of the pentastar?  If so your coolness factor just jumped several pegs in the Swanson book 8)

oh God no.  I wish that were my car, but sadly, I'm driving a slightly less exotic pentastar vehicle...

but hell yes, I'm a HUGE fan of MOPAR.  the old man had plenty of love for his Charger, Superbee and every other Dodge vehicle he fixed up to be hot rods.   One of my dream cars is a 70 Challenger convertible...or a 73 Satellite Sebring, or a 68 Charger R/T....the list goes on...

SiOuxTribe

what are the odds that the odometer would turn over at EXACTLY 120K when the song started?  that's the coincidence to me...half joking, of course.  just odd.

But there is no correlation to 120k and Gideon I think is  what they meant.
I really like it when I say a word in conversation and then i hear them sing or say that word in a song or TV show at the exact same time.
Passion dripping from the coyote's eyes,
He can taste his blood,
An' blood never lies,
Pale face die. - Kiedis

MMJ_fanatic

Hey John:

I'm with you man--my dad had all kind of MOPs (until the late 70s anyway).  My current stable:

1967 Barracuda-- 2 to be exact (one is my fine 1st buy, the other was a project I am going to let go)

A 1966 Barracuda soon to be auctioned

A 1968 Satellite Sport Wagon (painted red, white and blue like the old Sox and Martin race cars and stuffed with wicked 440)

and my last buy was a 1963 Polara500--this I am wavering on finishing cuz I need to whittle things down to 2 and I recently saw a 1962 Fury that looks sweet....
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

DAMN BROTHER!  you've got you a whole stable of horses there...

But there is no correlation to 120k and Gideon I think is  what they meant.
I really like it when I say a word in conversation and then i hear them sing or say that word in a song or TV show at the exact same time.

oh come on, of course there's a correlation...just in my silly mind, of course...

SiOuxTribe

Perhaps the song takes you that high into the air like a Gideon Bird with the world so far beneath you, thats how the song makes you feel...eh eh?
Passion dripping from the coyote's eyes,
He can taste his blood,
An' blood never lies,
Pale face die. - Kiedis

ChiefOKONO

i think it must be a conspiracy..........