Golden on Turner Classic Movies

Started by thebigbang, Apr 07, 2006, 08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebigbang

Did I miss a thread about this?

It's a gorgeous film collage synced with what seems like a large part of Golden. Just fantastic.

We TIVO'd the collage to enjoy over and over.

Watch TCM between the movies and you'll probably get to see it.  Looks like an April features promotion. I  hope they run this promotion the whole month.
Just a Heartbreakin' Man, doing a Victory Dance with Shaky Knees, along a Bermuda Highway

BH

Somebody please put this up, I can't watch tcm that long!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

primushead

EC

Wowweeeeeeee!

They certainly nailed the fact that Golden is an EXCELLENT song to be played while watching people kiss.  Holy.

Plus, quite exciting to watch clips of the Graduate (which is my favourite movie) with the lovely Golden playing in the background.  

begoodtanya

what's the title of the movie clip??
Tanya is my alter-ego.

EC

Quotewhat's the title of the movie clip??

i can't remember, but the way i found it was the find function in my browser, and i typed in "my morning jacket".  :)

CC

it's right on the front page, called 'April 2006 This Month promo'

coloradan

I just saw this promo on tv yesterday night.  My friend was flipping through the channels and I said "Stop right there!".   ;D
AKA "nectardan"

chunt983

ya, i just saw that the other day too. really weird, my dad was watching some old movie and i hear golden all of the sudden, i looked at the TV and almost shit (my pants). anyways, thought it was pretty cool, and the song fits pretty well.

LaurieBlue

That is SO AWESOME!  We watch the old movies on TCM, too, but..we DVR (TiVO) them so miss this kind of thing.  

Would I be extremely sappy if I said it brought tears to my eyes?  So perfect.

Laurie

EC

QuoteWould I be extremely sappy if I said it brought tears to my eyes?  
yes.  but then so would i.  i like sappiness.  :)

another benefit of sappiness is that it rhymes with happiness.

(haha)