Z              

Started by otter, Mar 23, 2006, 11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billo

Maybe I can't get beyond the baby in a blender line.
Thanks Teo for the live listening advice for Wordless.  I can and do learn much from this forum.

TEO

Billo-No problem my new found friend! I have seen them 3 times, (senior members I realize that aint much) and they are absolutely awesome! My next set will be at Bonnaroo and I am already getting totally psyched and that is not until June. Later,
(((((((TEO)))))))
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

BH

QuoteAlso, for Into the Woods,  try and get your hands on the Easy Street Records that Jim did solo.  I was intrigued the first time I heard it and just continue to like it more and more.  But, when you hear Jim doing all of the Ahhhhhh, ahhhh, ahhh, ahhhhhh at the end of the song with just an acoustic guitar it is guaranteed to give you a newfound respect for the  song.  GUARANTEED.

I think I got it from  bt.etree.org.  It was somewhere on this forum a few weeks ago.

Good call, I think that version showed me the song in a new light as well.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

otter

Thanks for the input everyone.

I'd say after listening to Z for a while now that it is indeed solid. There isn't a song on it that is weak...Jim's writing is very clever, not that it wasn't before. There are quite a few lines throughout that have already become favorites of all time any band.

Bo and Carl have each found their way into the mix..I think Bo is heard more than Danny ever was, and is featured quite a bit on Z (I think).  Carl picked his spots a little more, and I expect him to be more in front on their next album. It can't be an easy transition into an existing band, making it sound like it always has while putting one's own twist.

I'll be honest, I was such a huge fan of the way Johnny and Jim's guitars played together...their core sound, I wasn't sure when the lineup switched if I would ever like this band as much as before. I am glad to say I have survived that termoil, and so has the band and all of you.

Z is just what I needed to see, well hear to make me smile with this band again.

"Pleasure up and down my smile"

They never seem to stop the amazement factor with/for me.

BH

Ahhhhhh  ZZZZ.

Speaking of, last night I was watching the Austin City Limits version of Dondante for the 37th time, this week, I noticed something new.  It's actually pretty obvious, but this was the first time I really "noticed" it.  Watch at the very beginning while he's singing the line AND ALL THAT EVER MATTERED WILL SOME DAY TURN BACK TO BATTER LIKE A JOKE.  You just have to watch.  Enough said.

Does this man play with any emotion?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

tcmorton

...actually, I've been only recently turned on to MMJ through a local independent radio station in Sharon, CT (yes a few still exist)...I caught the Austin City LImits show a bit by accident this past weekend and now I can say I am officially "hooked" --can a more eperienced fan tell me the short song list from MMJ's Austin City Limits show?  Thanks.  TC Morton

Angry Ewok

Golden
Gideon
What a Wonderful Man
DonDante
Anytime

The first track is from It Still Moves!, all of the others are from their newest album, Z.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.