My On-Air Debut... Knot Comes Loose

Started by cmasters, Apr 13, 2006, 01:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmasters

I had my first day on the job at the college radio station here in Lincoln Nebraska... First song I played... Knot Comes Loose.... alllllll riiight

EC

QuoteI had my first day on the job at the college radio station here in Lincoln Nebraska... First song I played... Knot Comes Loose.... alllllll riiight

Good work, mr. masters.  Man I would love to be a dj.  Do you love it, or is it stressful?  do you get worried that you won't pick up the needle at the right moment when you have to drop the other one?  ;)

cmasters

I don't think it will be all that stressful. I'm impressed with the station's music library and I can play anything from it... so it'll be just fine.

there actually is a turn table in the studio... but I don't think I'll use it a whole lot.

Dee.

Good work.

*golf clap*

Will you get any free stuff?  ;)

JacketGal

;D  ;D An excellent choice for your first song played!
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

thebigbang

Excellent first choice.  Perhaps you can start your next shift with "Cobra" and see what the reaction is to that!  I never heard that one on the radio, even in the Jacket's hometown.

For an unfettered dj, it must be like the ultimate mix tape every day you get to program your own show.
Just a Heartbreakin' Man, doing a Victory Dance with Shaky Knees, along a Bermuda Highway

cmasters

QuoteGood work.

*golf clap*

Will you get any free stuff?  ;)

no free stuff...  :( but that doesn't matter too much...

wellfleet

an inspired choice!

i love college radio, our local station, KXUA at the University of Arkansas is stellar, mostly because of people like you who take their freedom to play whateva as a responsibility and a joy...

maybe you should make it a staple to start every show with a jacket song. although cobra might eat up too much air time... maybe if you have to go to the bathroom  ;)
everything sucks. really.

Billo

Recently went into a record store and coerced the employee to play Z from beginning to end.  
No violence or threats required.
They are a much better record store now.

otter

Right on. I am a programmer at our Grand Rapids, Michigan community radio station. My Morning Jacket was actually one of the reasons I became a DJ, I knew if I ever wanted them to play in my hometown I needed to do something about it. After e-mailing Mike (the Manager) to have him send our station a copy of It Still Moves...I then played the sh out of it and so did a lot of other programmers. What do you know three years later I'm still spinnin' MMJ on the radio and our town now has a lot more people aware of and who like them.

And it worked...The Jacket is oppening for Pearl Jam in my hometown in a month. And people who go to see Pearl Jam might even know some songs from the opening band because of  the MMJ airplay in our town.

Glad to see someone else doing it too

fitzcarraldo

That's awesome cmasters. I dj'd for my college back in 93 and 94.So. Much. Fun.
 I like wellfleet's idea of starting every show off with MMJ. I started my show with The Black Crowes every time.  :)

Have a Blast!

goldengirl

That is a very nice choice you picked there. I lived in Lincoln for six years and graduated from UNL. What station do you work at? Next time you need to play "Steam Engine" and just let it go the whole time. When they play  "Off the Record" here in Omaha on the River they cut it off and don't let it all play. It Sucks! Way to represent good old Nebraska!

cmasters

QuoteThat is a very nice choice you picked there. I lived in Lincoln for six years and graduated from UNL. What station do you work at? Next time you need to play "Steam Engine" and just let it go the whole time. When they play  "Off the Record" here in Omaha on the River they cut it off and don't let it all play. It Sucks! Way to represent good old Nebraska!

I work at 90.3 KRNU-FM. I'll see about steam engine. We play songs all the way through.