OTR Top Download at Amazon.com

Started by dragonboy, May 09, 2006, 11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonboy

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

realdeal

Thats......amazing!

That track needs to be put to rest for a good while.

chris

Yeah, i've noticed that it's been the top "free" download for quite some time.  I think it's I've consistently noticed it being the #1 or something close to it since Z came out.  I guess cuz it's free people download it, but it doesn't seem to be a barometer regarding the album and its attendant popularity.
yeah, so if it's sad, well you still gotta live till ya die

tomEisenbraun

chris, that's an awesome tagline you've got at the bottom there...
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

chris

Thanks man, that's probably one of my fav FLips lines ever.  So simple, yet somehow profound.

tomEisenbraun

dude, do you ever get shivers up and down your spine during "it's summertime"? at that part where the chorus ends and all of a sudden the "ahhhhhh-ahh-ah-ahhhh ahhhh-ahhhhh" part happens and it goes form minor and lifts back up to major again?

holy crap, that part just makes the skin on my back crawl all over the place...i love it. clouds taste metallic probably is my favorite album of theirs, though.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

banjohead

She don't use butter. She don't use cheese. She don't use jelly, or, any of these. She uses vasoline.

Long live the Lips!

chris

I'm a big fan of Clouds taste metallic, althoug I think my favorite two  are transmissions and their previous one, hit to death in the future head (that one takes a while cuz it's pretty experimental and uh.. weird, but it's a grower  ;D)

PapaJoeBear

That ballad on Hit to Death on the Future Head, the one that goes "You have to be lying, they wouldn't do what you say.... Oh god.." and so on, is one of my fav songs of all time.  I love playing that on guitar. Super easy, but super powerful. That album and Clouds Taste Metallic are my favorite lips albums.  
" Everyone wants to live forever.... Thinking it would be alot better."

Oh man, I love the lips. Going to the gym listening to them right now! ;D

Clarkwork

Quotedude, do you ever get shivers up and down your spine during "it's summertime"? at that part where the chorus ends and all of a sudden the "ahhhhhh-ahh-ah-ahhhh ahhhh-ahhhhh" part happens and it goes form minor and lifts back up to major again?

I thought I was the only one.  I love that song!!
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

chris

I once heard that MMJ or just Jim did a cover of "Race for the Prize", has anyone ever heard it, or know where it can be found?

I guess this thread should be retitled the Flaming Lips thread :)