Steam Engine on Titanic 2 Soundtrack?

Started by thebigbang, May 25, 2006, 02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebigbang

When I first heard the music at the 2:39 mark of this video (beginning when the Pepsi sign shows up) I thought it was MMJ from Steam Engine.  But after listening to Steam Engine again, I think it is very, very close, but not Steam Engine.

Can anyone identify the music?  Sounds really close to MMJ.  Maybe it came from the original movie.  The video is a joke compilation of Leonardo clips.

If the extremely long hyperlink below doesn't work, you can search "Titanic 2 video" on Yahoo and it pops up near the top of the list.

http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/view?&h=105&w=140&type=msmedia&rurl=grouper.com/GlobalMedia/MediaDetails.aspx?id=674610&vurl=http://grouper.com/GlobalMedia/MediaDetails.aspx?id=674610&back=p=titanic+2&ei=UTF-8&fr=ytff1-&cv=g&x=wrt&turl=scd.mm-da.yimg.com/image/1608021160&name=titanic+2:+jacks+back!&no=1&tt=219&p=titanic+2&oid=6c3118e779fd0d6c&size=7.6MB&dur=270&src=p&pld=240x320
Just a Heartbreakin' Man, doing a Victory Dance with Shaky Knees, along a Bermuda Highway

cmasters

it was "The Only Living Boy in New York," by Simon and Garfunkel.

thebigbang

Quoteit was "The Only Living Boy in New York," by Simon and Garfunkel.

Thank you for identifying that.  I have the album and will play it this weekend to find that part of the song.  The beautiful harmonies make sense.

I read an interview where Jim James once said that Simon and Garfunkel were a favorite of his while growing up.  So maybe that inspired the Steam Engine background vocals.
Just a Heartbreakin' Man, doing a Victory Dance with Shaky Knees, along a Bermuda Highway

Tree

banjohead

Quotewtf!? titanic 2???

I was thinking the same thing...

primushead

Like...if they really make a second one...I don't know what I'm gonna do.

:-/

thebigbang

Quotewtf!? titanic 2???

If you didn't look at the video, someone cobbled together a bunch of movie clips to make a fake movie trailer for Titanic 2.  Parts of it are fairly clever, with the premise being that Leonardo's character was frozen in a block of ice and they thaw him out and he escapes into the modern world.

The funniest part is when he googles Rose to try and locate her.  Does he really want to find his 100 year old girlfriend who was a teenager the last time he saw her?

The video takes about four minutes. I wonder how long that took to be made?  Some folks have a lot of free time on their hands apparently.

jrat

lots of skill too, i was almost fooled
wave upon wave of demented avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity into a dream - pink floyd

peanut butter puddin surprise

Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

primushead

Quotefar out, man

It's a gas alright.