just discovered my morning jacket

Started by user_FKA_webmoster, Jun 04, 2006, 12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

user_FKA_webmoster

Hi, first off, I would like to say, I am new to My Morning Jacket. My first encounter with them was at the Pearl Jam concert on June 1. The last concert I had been to was Guns N' Roses, with Bullet For My Valentine opening, so I really wasn't expecting much from an opening band. But wow, I was blown away. My Morning Jacket is a solid band, and I am so glad I was at the concert early enough to hear them. Jim James has the voice of an angel, and the songs are amazing. I had never heard of these guys before, and now I'm shocked that I haven't. They're so good, and I can't understand why word of them had never reached me. This is a great band, and they left me extremely impressed the other night.

dragonboy

Hey there!
Glad to hear you enjoyed the Jacket.
You now have 4 full albums, some early recordings & some eps to discover + you have the their headline shows to look forward to...seriously, welcome to heaven  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

MMJ_fanatic

Yeah dude when you see the Jacket up close and personal, you will never forget the experience--beeeeeyoutiful!
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

ChiefOKONO

Welcome and right on! Have you got It Still Moves yet?  its the one i got into when i first discovered these guys...its so good!

p.s. how did you like GNR?   bullet for my valentine SUCKSSS!!!!

QuoteHi, first off, I would like to say, I am new to My Morning Jacket. My first encounter with them was at the Pearl Jam concert on June 1. The last concert I had been to was Guns N' Roses, with Bullet For My Valentine opening, so I really wasn't expecting much from an opening band. But wow, I was blown away. My Morning Jacket is a solid band, and I am so glad I was at the concert early enough to hear them. Jim James has the voice of an angel, and the songs are amazing. I had never heard of these guys before, and now I'm shocked that I haven't. They're so good, and I can't understand why word of them had never reached me. This is a great band, and they left me extremely impressed the other night.

SiOuxTribe

QuoteWelcome and right on! Have you got It Still Moves yet?  its the one i got into when i first discovered these guys...its so good!

Why isn't anyone yelling at this guy for saying a band "SUCKS!!"    (Reference to my PJ thread)   8)
Passion dripping from the coyote's eyes,
He can taste his blood,
An' blood never lies,
Pale face die. - Kiedis

user_FKA_webmoster

QuoteWelcome and right on! Have you got It Still Moves yet?  its the one i got into when i first discovered these guys...its so good!

I'm definitly planning on gettin It Still Moves. Of what I've heard so far, it sounds amazing. And the GNR concert... wowwwww. The only way I can describe it is like a religious experience. It was the best concert I've ever seen (it was extremely intamite), and I've seen the Stones, Springsteen, Pearl Jam, and others.

But back to My Morning Jacket... Wow, what a band. I'm so glad I've discovered them. They're the first new (to me) band that I've stumbled upon in a long time.

SiOuxTribe

He can taste his blood,
An' blood never lies,
Pale face die. - Kiedis

ChiefOKONO

Right on, glad you had a great time at the Guns show, they sure can bring it live .. It's a spectacle really!

As for MMJ - they are my fav "new" discovery since 2004.. And I still haven't stopped listening to them consistently, they are so good. You should definitely go to archive.org and download some of their live shows!

I'm definitly planning on gettin It Still Moves. Of what I've heard so far, it sounds amazing. And the GNR concert... wowwwww. The only way I can describe it is like a religious experience. It was the best concert I've ever seen (it was extremely intamite), and I've seen the Stones, Springsteen, Pearl Jam, and others.

But back to My Morning Jacket... Wow, what a band. I'm so glad I've discovered them. They're the first new (to me) band that I've stumbled upon in a long time.

primushead

Why isn't anyone yelling at this guy for saying a band "SUCKS!!"    (Reference to my PJ thread)   8)

I already sent 7 angry private messages to him ;)

SiOuxTribe

Haha,

Primus Sucks!!!!

Didn't Claypool get tired of that catchphrase or something?
I saw those guys live back in 04 I think it was during the Tour de Fromage, they played Sailin' the Seas in its entirety.  Amazing!
He can taste his blood,
An' blood never lies,
Pale face die. - Kiedis

jrat

Primus fucking rocks. and as far as getting the MMJ shows from archive, look for the Toronto in 2004 show, at the Opera House. its fucking awesome.
wave upon wave of demented avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity into a dream - pink floyd