iTunes version of Z

Started by Fat_Old_Sun, Jun 09, 2006, 10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meddle

Anyone else notice the addition of How Could I Know?
...And Some Are Angels...

tdan

No, but I wish they would add Chills.
Well the music is your special friend
Dance on fire as it intends
Music is your only friend
Until the end

chris

Yeah, I got it from itunes at the beginning b/c even though I had the cd I didn't want to take a  chance of it fucking up my computer.  Anyway, yeah that was a nice addition.  But, I agree with tdan, I wish chills was on it.  I had to get that as a single elsewhere  :-[
yeah, so if it's sad, well you still gotta live till ya die

tdan

I have yet to hear Chills.  Does it sound similar to any other MMJ songs?
Well the music is your special friend
Dance on fire as it intends
Music is your only friend
Until the end

realdeal

QuoteI have yet to hear Chills.  Does it sound similar to any other MMJ songs?

Also included in the iTunes download, digital liner notes.

aMD

QuoteI have yet to hear Chills.  Does it sound similar to any other MMJ songs?

I would recommend the version from the At Dawn Demos, which should be released sometime by the end of the decade.  The new, Z version probably sounds most like Xmas Curtain. The old one sounds more like Strangulation.  But oddly, they are the exact same songs musically speaking other than the tempo and general feel.

tomEisenbraun

the new version of chills is amazing. if i were drinkin milk when i first heard the Z version, it would have all come out my nose. i had no clue what to expect after dondante on my vinyl edition, and then all of a sudden, this amazingly beautiful elvis-ified (i'm saying elvis, because i feel like you could proabbly call him an influence on the way new one sounds just a little bit) version coming through my headphones. it's incredible. but don't listen to it if you haven't heard the at dawn version. the at dawn version is awesome, and you get used to that, and then this one tears your head apart.

and for some reason, i always feel like it belongs directly after it beats 4 u, so i put it there on a burned copy of Z that i made for myself, along with how could i know at the end and the backwards off the record ending bit right after the real off the record. you should try it out.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

BH

Quotethe new version of chills is amazing. if i were drinkin milk when i first heard the Z version, it would have all come out my nose. i had no clue what to expect after dondante on my vinyl edition, and then all of a sudden, this amazingly beautiful elvis-ified (i'm saying elvis, because i feel like you could proabbly call him an influence on the way new one sounds just a little bit) version coming through my headphones. it's incredible. but don't listen to it if you haven't heard the at dawn version. the at dawn version is awesome, and you get used to that, and then this one tears your head apart.

and for some reason, i always feel like it belongs directly after it beats 4 u, so i put it there on a burned copy of Z that i made for myself, along with how could i know at the end and the backwards off the record ending bit right after the real off the record. you should try it out.

That's a great idea.  I like it.  I needed to put my Z on a seperate disc anyway so I don't ever accidentally fuck up another computer.  I have the off the record single, but how do I get the "old" chills?  My At Dawn doesn't have it.  Is it on a download thread somewhere?  Also, what is the backwards off the record bit?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

tomEisenbraun

http://www.savefile.com/files.php?fid=1800951

heeeeeere's Chills for ya.

and the off the record backwards bit is the end section reversed, so you can kind of tell what tommy's saying. we've made out quite a bit of it, but you should try your hand at it, too.

http://www.savefile.com/files.php?fid=4684081
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

BH

Quotehttp://www.savefile.com/files.php?fid=1800951

heeeeeere's Chills for ya.

and the off the record backwards bit is the end section reversed, so you can kind of tell what tommy's saying. we've made out quite a bit of it, but you should try your hand at it, too.

http://www.savefile.com/files.php?fid=4684081

Excellent.  Thanks brother!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.