Press: Velocity Weekly

Started by marktwain, Sep 28, 2005, 04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doEVILslittle

Tommy: We've been playing "One Big Holiday" for like five years or something, and I'm still not tired of it.

Patrick: Me, either. I'm with you on that one.

fucking awesome....i love these guys, theres no way in hell anyone can get tired of that song

primushead

How could you ever get tired of playing a smokin' ass rock song like that?  That's gotta be one of the hardest rocking songs ever to grace the stage. [smiley=guitar.gif]

realdeal

i enjoy the fucking rock out live version of 'its about twilight now'......amazing.

TheLink

i had no clue where the fuck they were from the 1st time i heard them.  i never knew the Falming Lips were considered Southern either until someone told me.  I guess it can be an easy way just to say where a band hails from.  Pretty uncreative though.  

Phone Went West close like at least 50 shows in 2002- 2003, so i could live without it.  Although, I got a lot of sore necks from that jam.  

Never would have figured What a Wonderful Man was written for a suicide.  Bout the only real decent info here.  some good comments though.

Me needs a drink now. ;)

DD

im pretty sure the other "clown" is kevin ratterman.
[url="//www.myspace.com/rednails"]www.myspace.com/rednails[/url]

www.garageband.com/artist/rednails

tdan

QuoteI guess it can be an easy way just to say where a band hails from.  Pretty uncreative though.

I agree with you on that one.  I think it is a kind of double-edged sword.  I am extremely happy that they don't try to hide where they're from, but that in itself seems to get the "Southern Rock" tag labeled on them.  They are southern and they do rock, but that does not make them "Southern Rock."
Well the music is your special friend
Dance on fire as it intends
Music is your only friend
Until the end

Oz

That question about 'What a wondorful man' was quite embarassing...
I'm ready when you are

Oz

Quotehttp://velocityweekly.com/cover/index.html
Funny interview, especially after watching the Dylan thing last night - reminds me of "Mr.Jones"

something's happening and you don't know what it is...

I see what you mean, but I must say that whenever I listen to Dylan's '60's albums, I kind of feel like Mr. Jones. Those lyrics are so weird! I mean: a one-eyed midget shouting the word 'now', what the fuck exactly is happening there?  ???
I'm ready when you are

ratsprayer

I see what you mean, but I must say that whenever I listen to Dylan's '60's albums, I kind of feel like Mr. Jones. Those lyrics are so weird! I mean: a one-eyed midget shouting the word 'now', what the fuck exactly is happening there?  ???

well, he wanted some milk.  strange way to get it, but there ya go.   :P

jessica

Although Aaron did commit suicide, it is Tim Cushing that the song is about.  "Love goes on" was in his suicide note.  Jim sang at his funeral.

aMillionDreams

QuoteAlthough Aaron did commit suicide, it is Tim Cushing that the song is about.  "Love goes on" was in his suicide note.  Jim sang at his funeral.

It's very unfortunate that Jim had two friends take their own lives in the past year.   I was wondering which this song was about, I guess I assumed it was about Aaron because I knew him better.  Thanks for the clarification.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]