Where to Begin Appreciation Thread!

Started by ChiefCrowe, Jul 27, 2006, 02:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChiefOKONO

How AMAZING is this song!!!!?  it still makes me speechless sometimes.. so mellow and relaxing, spiritual and sublime.  god damn i love it!
and its amazing to think that it came out on a soundtrack!!
i feel like i can listen to it for hours on end ....    :D

Dee.

It's a beauty.  They played it in Elizabethtown, right?  I think I remember that.  Ohhh what scene was that?  Probably a good one.

dragonboy

Yer, one of my favs for sure.
Like the good chief said "so mellow and relaxing, spiritual and sublime."
I honestly can't help me smile when I hear it...

It's the art of feeling naked in your clothes - I love that line!!!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

JacketGal

QuoteYer, one of my favs for sure.
Like the good chief said "so mellow and relaxing, spiritual and sublime."
I honestly can't help me smile when I hear it...

It's the art of feeling naked in your clothes - I love that line!!!
Yes, yes yes! That line is fantastic. Chief's right. This song is one that requires many listens. I also love the way he sings "it never ends.."

Deanna, I honestly don't recall it being played in the film.  ??? Anyone?
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

sweatboard

Yeah, it's when he and his cousin (the drummer for rukus) are walking out in the street right after they have that talk where the cousin says "yeah, my dad and I aren't very close either" I guess the song actually starts while they are having that talk at the kitchen table and then keeps playing while they are walking outside and then they pan up to the stars and it's a great moment.  Did you know they almost used Gideon in the film to.  It was during a driving scene with stars.  MMJ and the night sky seem to go hand in hand.  

Anyway, yeah that song absolutly kills.  I had the pleasure of hearing it live.  I was holding Anna Beth (wife) really close and I swear Jim looked out at us and smiled.  
There's Still Time.........

fitzcarraldo

I got stoned this morning and put that gorgie on.

ChiefOKONO

i'm pretty sure it was played but in the background sort of.  i cant remember where though, doh!!!

Yes, yes yes! That line is fantastic. Chief's right. This song is one that requires many listens. I also love the way he sings "it never ends.."

Deanna, I honestly don't recall it being played in the film.  ??? Anyone?

fitzcarraldo

Yeah, it's the scene that Brian said.

primushead

QuoteI got stoned this morning and put that gorgie on.

Good call 8)

This song definitely has one of my favorite lines ever, though.  

"That feelin' takin' over,
Like a holy rollercoaster,
To the grave."

Gives me chills every time.

Dee.

Thanks, Brian.  That's the scene!

Now I remember the s.  

ChiefOKONO

does anyone know the story behind this song?
was it written specifically for the movie, etc??

BH

Ah yes.  Stoned and Where to Begin.  And Rollin' Back. And....oh hell I don't have time for this.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

sweatboard

Yeah, I was going to start with the intro to At Dawn then I was like fuck it.......they already know.  ;)
There's Still Time.........