The Tennessee Fire

Started by JacketGirl, Jun 29, 2006, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

I don't know................... Don Dante is great song but it's all about the solo.  It's as much a part of the lyrics as the lyrics are.  Plus, the song is so stripped down anyway, even after they reworked it for the live show I'm not sure the acoustic version has much to offer over the original besides the fact that it's just Jim and a guitar which is cool for sure but no solo =   missing most important part.  

On another note, The TN Fire is absolutly Amazing.  It's like the Revolver (TN Fire) to At Dawn's (SGT. Pepers) An epic warmup with some of the best songs ever written.  Including, the most important MMJ song to ever hit me and get it all started in the first place "The Bear"  

I remember the first time I heard this song and thinking "my god how is something this beautiful and powerful even created."  Then I saw them play it live for the first time and I remember thinking how it was almost as if Jim plays in slow motion.  Somehow he's able to actually bend time with his music and almost grind your mind into a place where it stalls and mabey it's not that Jim actually plays in a diffrent time signature but I really think he plays from some diffrent dimmension and it's one I want to be on and taken to.  It's a place where I could start to come to terms "with whatever killed your spark" and there's still time........for whatever else you do.  I guess it's just the Present Tense mabey, I think Jim and his music really exists in the Present Tense, it's slow yet urgent.  To this day it's like I feel like I'm on the edge of something and haveing my eyes peeled back everytime I hear "The Bear"  

I can't really tell if any of that makes sense or not.  :-*
There's Still Time.........

BH

Quotehaveing my eyes peeled back everytime I hear "The Bear"  

So that's where that random pic came from! :)

Seriously though, great post Brian.  Love the bending time idea.

Oh Me Oh My, you are right, there is definately something special about the stripped down versions that Jim does solo.  Guaranteed chill every time.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

jrat

i just love these guys man. i cannot beleive thats its literally, THE ONLY THING I LISTEN TOO!!. when im on the roof and its 46 degrees C witht he humidity, all i think of Xmas Curtain from Roo and OBH. its such a nice escape from the hell that is industrial roofing. to be able to put myself into a concert i never went is awesome. wrong thread, i know,  but Sweaty's description of The Bear just might make my life last just one more day, and that day will be in slow mo, and hopefully last an eternity
wave upon wave of demented avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity into a dream - pink floyd

BH

115 dgrees F!!!!

You are in hell man.  Hang in there.  Your young, things will get better, they always do!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

tito00

Tennessee Fire is their first record I bought and I love it !