jim james acoustic.

Started by Paauwe, Aug 15, 2006, 08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evilPaauwe

first off. who of those reading this have seen james acousticly and solo. and how was it.

and if any of u either have, or have found downloadable/streamble versions of these songs. i would enjoy links.

i'd read that he uses an omnichord for solo performances. that is purely awesomness at its peak
cheers.

BH

archive.org has a great set from seattle '05. and somewhere on here is a link to the recent All About the Music festival
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

realdeal

Quotefirst off. who of those reading this have seen james acousticly and solo. and how was it.

and if any of u either have, or have found downloadable/streamble versions of these songs. i would enjoy links.

i'd read that he uses an omnichord for solo performances. that is purely awesomness at its peak

In English please.

ycartrob

Quotefirst off. who of those reading this have seen james acousticly and solo. and how was it.

Paauwe, here's a good one (with omnichord)

http://www.archive.org/details/mmj2005-11-05.shnf

MMJ_fanatic

I had a great time at the Jim James/M Ward/Bright Eyes collaborative shows--very tassssty acoustic Jim there...if you have a chance, GO!
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

evilPaauwe

In English please.

shut up.
cheers.

Angry Ewok

Fight illiteracy.

I have seen Jim James do a solo or two, once on the omnichord. The WXPN Festival is a good recording, but nothing can top the album - Acoustic Citsuoca.

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

tomEisenbraun

Quote1st of hoo readn ave scene jaymz acustcly n solo n how wos it

n if u have, or found downlodz of it, plz shair.

i red he uses a omnicord for solos. thats t3h l33t pwnxz0rs

now you have the right to that comment, realdeal
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

MyLifeISought

1st off hoo readn ave seen jaymz acustcly n solo n how wos it
n if u have, or found downloadz of it, plz shair.
i read he uses a omnicord for solos. thats t3h l33t pwnxz0rs

;D
"Music is my savior
I was tamed by rock and roll
I was maimed by rock and roll
Got my name from rock and roll"
-Wilco

DD

hm.  yeah i saw him solo acoustic back in the day at twice told coffee house.   that show is the moment i finally "got" mmj and ive been a fan ever since.  i guess it was back in 99 maybe 00.  there is definetly something to be said for the state of their live show but if you havent seen him solo acoustic i HIGHLY reccomend you get your ass to a show.
[url="//www.myspace.com/rednails"]www.myspace.com/rednails[/url]

www.garageband.com/artist/rednails

soitgoes

I saw him play at the WXPN festival.

I'd say it was magical.

Ch-ch-ch-check it out.

evilPaauwe

wow, some of you guys are pretty big ass holes. honestly, who gives a fuck if i use proper grammer and sentance structure of a forum.  but for those who will seise to stop bitcing about it here ya go.....

First of, who of those reading this, have seen Jim James perform an acoustic solo performance. If you have, how was it?
     If any of you have found versions of these songs that are either avalible to download, or that are streaming files. I would be thrilled if you could give me a link.
     I had read in previous articles that he has used an Omnichord in some of his solo performances. That is purely awesomeness at its peak.

there.
cheers.

aMD

realdeal is our resident asshole, don't let it bring you down.

BH

Quotewow, some of you guys are pretty big ass holes. honestly, who gives a fuck if i use proper grammer and sentance structure of a forum.  but for those who will seise to stop bitcing about it here ya go.....

First of, who of those reading this, have seen Jim James perform an acoustic solo performance. If you have, how was it?
    If any of you have found versions of these songs that are either avalible to download, or that are streaming files. I would be thrilled if you could give me a link.
    I had read in previous articles that he has used an Omnichord in some of his solo performances. That is purely awesomeness at its peak.

there.

Did you see the links above?  Do you not know how to use them?  We are trying to help but I'm confused.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

evilPaauwe

no no don't get me wrong, i love the links. hats off especially to baxter and tracy. but the morons like realdeal, tom , and saught. smart asses.
cheers.

Angry Ewok

You guys just got pwned.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

ycartrob

Hey Paauwe, welcome to the fold! I am guessing you haven't seen the Jacket live, but wait till you do! They will blow you the fuck away. Seriously man, I have been going to shows for nearly 30 years and they just slay me every time (seen them 10 times now).

So welcome and just wait till you see 'em live!