Main Menu

Mahgeetah

Started by true, Aug 20, 2006, 08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManNamedTruth

So I was listening to 'roo '04 in my car today. After countless times listening to the song Mahgeetah I finally realized he says mahgeetah in the song (it's not listed in the lyrics), thus enabling me to realize what that means. I'm assuming he's saying 'my guitar' in his southern slang kinda way. I think I wanted to say it too fast, and didn't pronounce it right.  Being from Pittsburgh I'm slow with the southern slang. We say yinz and yinz say ya'll. On a related note Sly & The Family Stone has a song called Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin), kind of a simlar approach to song titles there.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

MMJ_fanatic

somebody'e been watchin' VH1's "I Love The 70s"  ::)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

BH

Nice picture change true.  Greatest (active) defensive football player by far.  A treat to watch.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ManNamedTruth

QuoteNice picture change true.  Greatest (active) defensive football player by far.  A treat to watch.

I'm ready for some football.

jeffro79

i kinda think right now is a pretty good time to just sit down and sing people some mother-fuckin songs

ManNamedTruth

ali

QuoteAfter countless times listening to the song Mahgeetah I finally realized he says mahgeetah in the song (it's not listed in the lyrics), thus enabling me to realize what that means

glad it's not just me then... this little epiphany took me quite a while too  ;)
love a song for the way it makes you feel

jeffro79

yeah, yeah, yeah....I'm hoping for a different outcome this year. Although I think the AFC North is gonna be the toughest div in the NFL. Sorry bout hijacking your thread, we probally should start a football thread in off topic.
i kinda think right now is a pretty good time to just sit down and sing people some mother-fuckin songs

ali

probably  ;D

the REAL football

;)
love a song for the way it makes you feel

MMJ_fanatic

BUMP: this is a Mahgeeta thead (not sports!) ;)

aMD

first of all, bengals would have won it all if palmer hadn't got hurt.  I was at that game and it was awful!

secondly, I agreed Magheeta's a slang way to say my guitar, but I don't know that it's really southern slang.  I've only lived in da ville for seven years, but I've never heard anyone say magheeta.  I think southern slang would be closer to my GUIT-er, if anything.  

MMJ_fanatic

naw its more like GEEE-tar!

ManNamedTruth

Quotefirst of all, bengals would have won it all if palmer hadn't got hurt.  I was at that game and it was awful

secondly, I agreed Magheeta's a slang way to say my guitar, but I don't know that it's really southern slang.  I've only lived in da ville for seven years, but I've never heard anyone say magheeta.  I think southern slang would be closer to my GUIT-er, if anything.

First of all don't make excuses for the outcome of the game. Secondly I think it has a little to do with the way Jim talks and being from kentucky.

aMD

first, excuses?  our franchise player was injured in the first quarter and we still gave you a better game than any of the other teams in the playoffs.   we'll just see how this season goes and then we'll see who's making excuses.

Second, think what you will about Jim's southern draw, but Louisville is ON the mason-dixon line.  I know a lot is made of mmj being from kentucky but Jim didn't exactly grow up on a tractor not pronouncing his Rs.  He does, however, have a sense of musical language that transcends geography, just ask the dutch. Tell me how would one pronounce my guitar in Shitsburg, PA?

BH

What was the record in the two games during the regular season.  I think I remember 1-1.  So the Steelers could beat Cincinatti with Palmer right? ;)

Oh definately, My guitar.  Are you ready to go my lady?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ManNamedTruth

Quotefirst, excuses?  our franchise player was injured in the first quarter and we still gave you a better game than any of the other teams in the playoffs.   we'll just see how this season goes and then we'll see who's making excuses.

Second, think what you will about Jim's southern draw, but Louisville is ON the mason-dixon line.  I know a lot is made of mmj being from kentucky but Jim didn't exactly grow up on a tractor not pronouncing his Rs.  He does, however, have a sense of musical language that transcends geography, just ask the dutch. Tell me how would one pronounce my guitar in Shitsburg, PA?

Hey no need to get offended I'm a Steeler fan and just messin with ya. Thats what we do.

I didn't say anything bad or negative towards Jim and the way he talks. I didn't say he was a hick. Trust me theres as much hicks around here as anywhere. I love MMJ and I don't care what kind of accent Jim has or where he's from. I never said that was the wrong way to pronounce guitar I was just making an observance of the fact I couldn't tell he was saying mahgeetah in the song.

anne

aaawww cute...maybe it helped me to realize what mahgeetah was because i was living in tennessee and the time and develping my own little southern drawl....was just listening to it last night...yum

btw, hi y'all...i'm new to this message board but not to mmj
[img][url="http://www.naturepanoramas.com/panorama/25013034t.jpg"]http://www.naturepanoramas.com/panorama/25013034t.jpg[/url][/img]

Mr. T.

Welcome anne, I'm sure you'll feel at home in here. It's a warm and cosy place, and there's always good music playing...

Mr. T.
We are young despite the years,
we are concern,
we are hope despite the times

realdeal

QuoteSo I was listening to 'roo '04 in my car today. After countless times listening to the song Mahgeetah I finally realized he says mahgeetah in the song (it's not listed in the lyrics), thus enabling me to realize what that means. I'm assuming he's saying 'my guitar' in his southern slang kinda way. I think I wanted to say it too fast, and didn't pronounce it right.  Being from Pittsburgh I'm slow with the southern slang. We say yinz and yinz say ya'll. On a related note Sly & The Family Stone has a song called Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin), kind of a simlar approach to song titles there.

Jim Olliges is from Louisville. Not fucking Alabama or sumpin'....

he ain't no southern hillbilly or nuttin'

ManNamedTruth

Jim Olliges is from Louisville. Not fucking Alabama or sumpin'....

he ain't no southern hillbilly or nuttin'

I never called him a hllbilly. You guys are misinterpreting the post. I don't know what else I can say I already explained this to aMD. I don't want to argue with any of you anymore I like this board. All I wanted to do was talk about one of my favorite songs by my favorite band and if you can't realize that then your ignorrant. Don't reply to my posts if you don't got anything worth saying.