Okonokos Press

Started by LaurieBlue, Aug 15, 2006, 12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

October

my lord, i should have flown to SF for those

tomEisenbraun

the dvd is going to be huge, have a lot of extras, and be more along the lines of "the song remains the same" than just a video version of the live cd. so look out, it'll blow your skull to pieces.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

loper

I personally think that the DVD will showcase some tunes that were not on the cd.  Hopefully (and judging by the DVD preview) they will play "the Bear"

PLEASE, PLEASE INCLUDE 'THE BEAR' ::)

Angry Ewok

I can't wait for the MMJ DVD. Isn't this the first full blown DVD for MMJ? I thought that everything up until this point has been compilation stuff from Bonnaroo and the like...

I dunno about you guys and gals, but I really can't wait to give the DVD's to friends for Christmas... is there any gift better than the gospel of My Morning Jacket? No. No there isn't.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

fitzcarraldo

QuoteI could do with losing a few pounds!
My suit doesn't fit & the wedding is in 4 weeks. I'm supposed to be on a diet but I'm knocking back a beer as I type, haha.
Have you seen The Machinist? I like Christian Bale & it's been on my to-see-list since it came but I never seem to be in the mood for it...

Try switching to vodka. lol  Or having your heart broken, you Will lose weight that way. Just kidding about getting your heart broken.  ;)
Saw it, for the amount of weight Christian Bale lost for that role, he was fuckin emaciated his body was disgusting, it was good not great. Gotta give that man credit though. I guess.  

BH

POndering the (DVD) POssibilities.

* WOrdless ChOrus
* It Beats 4 U
* GideOn
* What A WOnderful Man
* Off The RecOrd
- IntO The WOOds
* Anytime
* Lay LOw

- KnOt COmes LOOse
* DOndante
- Where TO Begin

- HOw COuld I KnOw

* Mahgeetah
* DanceflOOrs
* GOlden

- Masterplan
* One Big HOliday
* I Will Sing YOu SOngs

- Easy Morning Rebel
* Run Thru
- ROllin Back
- Just One Thing
* Steam Engine
- One In The Same

* At Dawn
* LOwdOwn
* The Way That He Sings
- Death Is The Easy Way
- HOpefully
- Bermuda Highway

- HOnest Man
* Xmas Curtain
- Just Because I DO
- If It Smashes DOwn
- I Needed It MOst
- PhOne Went West
* StrangulatiOn

- Heartbreakin Man
- They Ran
- The Bear
- Nashville TO Kentucky
- Old September Blues
- If All Else Fails
- It's AbOut Twilight Now
- Evelyn Is NOt Real
- The War Begun
- Picture Of YOu
- I Will Be There When YOu Die
- The Dark
- By My Car
- Butch Cassidy
* I Think I'm GOing TO Hell

- Can YOu See The Hard Helmet On My Head
- SOOner
- CObra
- It's Been A Great 3 Or 4 Years
- HOly
- Sweetheart

* [size=10]O[/size] Is The One That Is Real
- HOw DO YOu KnOw

- COme ClOser

*22 sOngs On CD (cOunting strangulatiOn)
10 sOngs played at the FillmOre nOt On CD
32 tOtal

Side NOte:

Have they ever dOne Can You See The Hard Helmet On My Head live?  I lOve this sOng mOre and mOre as time gOes On.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

megisnotreal

QuoteHave they ever dOne Can You See The Hard Helmet On My Head live?  I lOve this sOng mOre and mOre as time gOes On.  

I agree. Such a beautiful song...

"don't ever lose any of your god-given charm..."

BH

I agree. Such a beautiful song...

"don't ever lose any of your god-given charm..."

Only Jim could make the word "neat" sound cool.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

SpacedCowboy

When do you think the reviews will start popping up??  Less than a month away from the CD release and there are definatley review copies floating around somewhere.....  I can't wait!!

Anyone wanna take a guess on the where and when the reviews will start?
and the pump don't work cause the vandal took the handle

tomEisenbraun

i'll let you know when i get my listening party copy next week ;)
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

BH

sonybmg.com review

Okonokos: My Morning Jacket Release Live CD/DVD
Dream-pop country rockers My Morning Jacket have announced they will be hitting fans with their first ever live release. Set for release on both CD and DVD, 'Okonokos' is a concert movie, live album and imaginary place rolled into one killer MMJ serve and follows hot on the tail of their incredible critically acclaimed album, 'Z'.
My Morning Jacket release their long-awaited follow-up to the critically acclaimed 2001 release 'Z' this October with their special live creation, 'Okonokos'.

To be released on both CD and DVD, the 'Okonokos' album will feature 10 brand new tracks (huh?)of classic MMJ dream-pop country rock, with Zeppelin-style riffs and ghostly guitar solos, signalling a true-to-form genre mash-up from the visionary Louisville crew.

In addition to the live CD will be the 'Okonokos' DVD, created to give MMJ fans a unique visual experience. Speaking recently lead vocalist Jim James said that they didn't want to give their live DVD to be generic. Shunning the traditional "film the show" approach, they instead set the DVD in the imaginary space of a forest - an ideal setting for an MMJ gig:

"We dressed stage with lots of leaves, tried to make it look like a forest," said Jim, "and built a little story through the movie, so there's a narrative continuing along... we didn't want to do 'My Morning Jacket: Live at The Fillmore', or 'Live at Shepherd's Bush'. We wanted to make it mysterious; it's not about a time, or a place, it's about us playing music, somewhere!"

The hour and three-quarter film is also set to be screened in selected theatres across the States this October.

Check out the full tracklisting for 'Okonokos' below and stay tuned for more news as they tour Europe with Pearl Jam this September.

Dream Pop Country?  I think I would prefer southern rock.

megisnotreal

Quotevisionary Louisville crew

this phrase pleases me

ali

does anyone have any idea if the pre-order dvd is region-specific to the US? i'd like to preorder to get in early, but not if i can never watch the dvd.....

db are japan in the same dvd region class as oz?
love a song for the way it makes you feel

ali

Quotedb are japan in the same dvd region class as oz

excuse the grammar, i'm losing the power to type....  ;)
love a song for the way it makes you feel

dragonboy

Quotedoes anyone have any idea if the pre-order dvd is region-specific to the US? i'd like to preorder to get in early, but not if i can never watch the dvd.....

db are japan in the same dvd region class as oz?
I'm pretty sure it will be region 0, no? A lot of music DVDs are...
It's complicated, Japan & the UK are region2 but the TV systems are different so I had to get a hacked multi region DVD player to play UK DVDs here.
Oz is region4
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

fitzcarraldo

"My Morning Jacket release their long-awaited follow-up to the critically acclaimed 2001 release 'Z' this October with their special live creation, 'Okonokos'.  

To be released on both CD and DVD, the 'Okonokos' album will feature 10 brand new tracks " (huh?) lol

Has this person been in a coma or sumthin? & it fuckin passes through the editors at Mr. Big!?  ::)

mcarroll

SonyBMG knows jack shit about their artists.  Not surprising considering the copyright bullshit they pulled on the band when the album came out.

LaurieBlue

http://www.popmatters.com/pm/blogs/popwire_post/chilling-out-bend-an-ear-toward-autumns-cool-new-cds-1423/

CHOICE CULT ACTS:

My Morning Jacket "Double Live Album." Like the title says, a twin concert disc from the neo-Southern rockers. How `70s. Sept. 26