EPs and Singles suggestions?

Started by katehsmc, Aug 31, 2006, 03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katehsmc

Hi. Looking for some suggestions. I have MMJ's 4 albums, but wanted to hear some of the rarer songs. I know I want Chocolate and Ice and probably both early recordings cds, but can't afford to run out and buy those and all the EPs and singles. Some of them are expensive imports or have a lot of tracks I already have. Does anyone know some of these that are must-haves? I'd love to hear some new songs if they are worth the cash. Well, I'm sure they're all worth it, but I have to pick the best and spend what I can.
Thanks guys!

megisnotreal

In my opinion, they're all worth the money.

My favourites are Split, Chocolate and Ice, and Acoustic Citsuoca.

Jellyfish

My fave is this:
SWEATBEES (SPECIAL EDITION):
1.Lowdown - (studio)
2.Way That He Sings - (studio)
3. O Is The One That Is Real - (studio)
4.Come Closer - (studio)
5.Sooner - (studio)
6.Sweetheart - (studio)
7.Can You See The Hard Helmet On My Head? - (studio)
8.Death Is The Easy Way - (studio)
9.How Do You Know - (studio)

A great lineup of some of their greatest songs.Better than the regular edition with just 5 tracks.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

Angry Ewok

Definately get the two tracks from the Elizabethtown Soundtracks.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

tomEisenbraun

probably the most important EP's to own are Chocolate and Ice, AcousticitsuocA, and Split. Run Thru EP is frickin awesome, if just for Breathin' alone, but it's worth searching through independent record shops for, rather than spending a lot of money to have it imported.

Does Xmas Fiasco Style is also a complete must-have if you enjoy Christmas music. Hell, even if you don't, there is absolutely everything perfect about this album.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

saki

Chocolate and Ice is worth it for "Sweetheart" alone.  Also, Chapter 1 and 2.  "that someone else was you" is a gem!

aMD

Chocolate and Ice.  Hard Helmet and Cobra, come on people!

IMO, there no reason to buy Sweetbees if you're going for the whole collection since all the tracks on Sweetbess can be found elsewhere, plus it's hard to find.

MMJ_fanatic

eh--get 'em all you won't be disappointed (except maybe by "Its been a great 3 or 4 years" ;))
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

megisnotreal

Quoteexcept maybe by "Its been a great 3 or 4 years"

It's a great surprise.

BH

C&I is definately the best bang for the buck.  acoustic citsuoca is the most chills for the buck. :o
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

tomEisenbraun

Cobra is a must-own no matter how you look at it.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

jeffro79

no love for "Sooner" from C&I "sooner or later I'll come to see you feel your power in the early sun", I love that line  beautiful song. I am also really digging  "Behind That Locked Door" a George Harrison cover from A Decade of Sin: 11 yrs of Bloodshot Records, I found that on eMusic, which by the way you can find alot of the EPS mentioned and both Early Recording CD's on and its cheap as hell 40 downloads a month for 9.99, so maybe thats the route you could get em all on the cheap.
i kinda think right now is a pretty good time to just sit down and sing people some mother-fuckin songs

ChiefOKONO

FOR SURE you must get the Acoustic EP!

also get Where to Begin from Elizabethtown, its an amazing song. to me it was worth getting that disc just for that!

ManNamedTruth

Chocolate and Ice and Acoustic Citsuoca are essentiials.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

stucky

Rare gems have to include Jim James' cover of Pink Floyd's "Mother" on Little Darla Has a Treat For You, volume 14.

I love that he covered the version from the movie, instead of the album.
I was never that good with the words, anyway

BH

QuoteRare gems have to include Jim James' cover of Pink Floyd's "Mother" on Little Darla Has a Treat For You, volume 14.

I love that he covered the version from the movie, instead of the album.

Yes!

Jim's female impersonation..."Hello? Remember me? I'm the one from the registry office"

When the reverb guitar (is that a steel guitar?) and the "ahhhhhhs" kick in, it really makes it come alive as an MMJ song.  S"imply Awesome.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

megisnotreal

I heart the Rocketman cover on Chapter 1.

whitebread

The "Off the Record" single has two amazing tracks. one which is called "Chills" and "How could I Know?" which was the bonus download from the internet pre-order of "Z". both these songs are true gems and easily worth the price if you don't have them.

Jellyfish

QuoteChocolate and Ice.  Hard Helmet and Cobra, come on people!

IMO, there no reason to buy Sweetbees if you're going for the whole collection since all the tracks on Sweetbess can be found elsewhere, plus it's hard to find.

You are right but it's nice to have "Sweatbee's" instead of putting on all those discs,to the one disc for listening pleasure,plus it has all 3 songs from the spilt EP...it's not too difficult to find:
http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=6012408&style=music&cart=391373650&BAB=E
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need