Any Idea What Okonokos Means?!

Started by dragonboy, Sep 02, 2006, 12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghosts_on_TV

You have 4 posts so far, and all of them are pretty fucking stupid.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

methadrone

ive been on here since at dawn...sometimes known as the mollusk . pickle chugger
anger is a gift

CC

you're a real trooper.
good to have you back?

Tree

QuoteO-ko-no-kos - (n) - a mystical land governed by the Gospel of My Morning Jacket.

Okonokolander / Okonokan / Jacketeer

Are there any Umpa Lumpas living in Okonokos???

Angry Ewok

Perhaps OKONOKOS is a crossroads, a vortex where all of the creatures and characters of Jacket lore and creation may be seen passing through. From the Circus Bears of Acoustic Citsuoca, to the Z owls (and of course, innard-city owls).

I was thinking more along the lines of Wizard of Oz, not Willy Wonka...
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

Angry Ewok

OKONOKO Catastrophe
16, Feb 1885 Okonoko, WV

The burial of Miss Cox, aged 29 years of near Little Capon River in West Virginia has caused a great alarm. Her physician administered morphine to ease her pain as a remedy, but the patient died. Due to observations at the funeral that some heard noises and saw movements of the body and that dogs had sniffed and pawed the ground at the burial, the body was dug up to verify that the patient was not yet deceased when interred. The interment was proved to be premature when the corpse was dug up, as the coffin demonstrated that the girl had made an attempt to lift the lid, had pulled out her hair from her head, bitten her lips badly, the dress was torn from her body and her face was disfigured in every possible manner. The coffin was not even left open prior to being lowered into the ground and the friends were frantic and blame the physician for the disaster. 17, 18 Feb 1885 Letters from MD WV Kirk and Rev Jno. B Hall refute the allegations and of the disinterment of the coffin. 21 Feb 1885 A correspondent from Little Capon WV accounts for the story of the interment alive. A statement of someone from the church said that she believed the Miss Cox was buried alive. Rumors circulated and were enhances with myth and gossip producing the somewhat sensational story that was unfortunately printed.

:o
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

BH

Quoteinnard-city owls

;D  I like that.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.