Elizabethtown!

Started by LaurieBlue, Oct 12, 2005, 04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurieBlue

Saw the sneak peek preview last night and it was just magical.  Cameron Crowe surely does love his music and it's all over this marvelous movie.  We had a group of about 15 of us (no lie!) with passes and everyone loved the move - men, women, college kids and teen.  We laughed, we cried, we briefly saw MMJ in there.  It's such a feel good movie.  Even some people who don't particularly care for either actor warmed up to them in these roles.  Highly recommend this movie.  

Laurie

tdan

Laurie, my wife and I were there also.  We agree with you wholeheartedly.  We both loved the movie.  It is weird to try to describe the sense of pride we had when seeing the various local landmarks during the scenes when Orlando was driving through Louisville on the way to Elizabethtown.  The weird part of our pride is that we live in Southern Indiana  ;).

I would love to have a recording of Ruckus playing Freebird.  Was that not awesome?
Well the music is your special friend
Dance on fire as it intends
Music is your only friend
Until the end

LaurieBlue

Actually Freebird was great done by Ruckus!  I'm so over that song - but they breathed new life into it no doubt.  If anyone's seen any of the clips prior, fyi they deleted the scene where the band is extending their condolances during the funeral.  

Outstanding soundtrack though that's on my Must Get List.  Besides the obvious good ones, the song io by Helen Stellar (a band I've never heard of) was gorgeous.  

http://www.helenstellar.com/pages/home/home.html

Oh..and I've been following along and printing out Claire's Journal from the Elizabethtown website.  It's so inspirational, as was this movie.

whothrewthecake

thanks for that, Laurie. i'm excited to see it. i'm going on friday with some friends.  :)

fitzcarraldo

Awesome, seeing it on Friday as well with some friends. Thanks for that!

tdan

QuoteOutstanding soundtrack though that's on my Must Get List.  Besides the obvious good ones, the song io by Helen Stellar (a band I've never heard of) was gorgeous.  

http://www.helenstellar.com/pages/home/home.html

I agree.  I didn't know which song they did until I looked up the soundtrack. Do you think that they sound a little like MMJ?  When that song came on I thought it was MMJ until the vocals started.
Well the music is your special friend
Dance on fire as it intends
Music is your only friend
Until the end

LaurieBlue

I agree.  I didn't know which song they did until I looked up the soundtrack.  Do you think that they sound a little like MMJ?  When that song came on I thought it was MMJ until the vocals started.

I'm glad you said that, because I most certainly did, too!

dragonboy

Quote If anyone's seen any of the clips prior, fyi they deleted the scene where the band is extending their condolances during the funeral.  

Shame...
Still, very excited about seeing the movie & more so for reading your post  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.