Okonokos Listening Parties

Started by dragonboy, Jul 31, 2006, 08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

uh, I didn't scan the 11 pages of replies to this, but my listening party will most likely be at Highland Coffee in Louisville on Sept. 21st, time to be announced.

I'm still working with the owners to score there.  I'll keep y'all posted.

there will most likely be a blurb about it in the LEO.

WORD
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

MMJ_fanatic

Anybody who can make it to:
Oxford VFW
20 Federal Hill Rd.
Oxford, MA  01540
On Saturday 9/16 around 8 p.m. can hear the lovely OKONOKOS.  Oh Yeah there is a catch--I think the propietor expects only 21+ so if you're not--act maturer(?). ;)

P.S.  Johnny C--I think the ATO folks were asking for parties to happen this weekend ???
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

tomEisenbraun

anybody not gotten their package yet?

and Tracy, what's the dillio on yours?
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

peanut butter puddin surprise

well, it didn't work out that way, but now I can post official details:

one of many Louisville Listening Parties!

When:             September 21, 7:00 p.m.
Where:            Highland Coffee Shop
                         Bardstown Road Location
                         1140 Bardstown Road
                         Louisville, KY

Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

ycartrob

Quoteanybody not gotten their package yet?

and Tracy, what's the dillio on yours?

I am dead on both ends; no package and no news from my inside connections who are trying to make it a big event in Nashville.  :-/

I might be having one in my car, with my dogs and I listening to Tennessee Fire...

BH

I am dead on both ends; no package and no news from my inside connections who are trying to make it a big event in Nashville.  :-/

I might be having one in my car, with my dogs and I listening to Tennessee Fire...

NO CHARCOAL tracy!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

primushead

So, um, Friedrich von Guggenheim will be at my listening party.  

Who's gonna top that?  What!  What!!

:)

tomEisenbraun

Ev-O-lyn will be at mine?

Maybe Nashville mail just sucks? Suppose FedEx is on an invisible strike round these parts?
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

mcgoody

Scratch Records is proud to present to you a listening party for the new cd by...............
MY MORNING JACKET

SCRATCH RECORDS -- 726 RICHARDS
Vancouver, BC
Canada
 604 687 0499
My Morning Jacket "Okonokos" Listening Party
Saturday Sept 16, 4pm-6pm

MMJ_fanatic

I invited Gideon to mine ;)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

EC

hm.  no toronto representation.  that's odd.

that's cool that scratch is having a listening party.  scratch puts out terrific music.  yar!

ycartrob

Maybe Nashville mail just sucks? Suppose FedEx is on an invisible strike round these parts?

OK, so I am crusing around my house this morning around 9, and I say to myself, "I wonder if the Fed Ex guy came by?" So, I check the front door, and lo and behold, who is coming through my yard with a package other than the Fed Ex guy? Score!

It's amazing. I swear, I really did some of my finest air guitar work to Dancefloors; some really great work that I am proud of.

And how is it as many times I have heard OBH, live and not live, that I got goosebumps the size of Volkswagens when I heard it in my car today?

Now, let's line up this listening party. So come on guys, pull through for me...

droseritfw

Not only is there not Toronto listening party, there's no stop on the next tour.

Did we do something to offend the jacket?

Jaimoe

QuoteNot only is there not Toronto listening party, there's no stop on the next tour.

Did we do something to offend the jacket?

Nah, there were here not too long ago. Listening party? When, where and how many would go?  

slaa

yeah I came here seeking a Toronto party like last time... but none? I offered to do it but no reply.

slaa

yeah I came here seeking a Toronto party ....like last time... but none? I offered to do it but no reply from the buddy team folks.

primushead

So the Boone throwdown is taking place this Sunday night.  I was kind of disappointed I didn't get any posters though...just a lot of stickers and a really, really sweet t-shirt.   :P ;)