Elizabeth Town.

Started by Paauwe, Oct 04, 2006, 11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evilPaauwe

So, i hear mmj did some stuff for that film...      i hear they did a cover of free bird.     Is the whole song performed.   Is it worth going out and renting it merely for the mmj aspects. and if its not is it worth going out and renting it for the actual film aspect.  If not, is there any type of link someone could share that is a part of the movie involving mmj. or a link to free bird.      just whatever.    any info u can throw at me would be cool.
cheers.

megisnotreal

I bought it just because MMJ has a cameo. if you've never seen the movie, I don't want to spoil the end for you, but the little scene the boys have is pretty badass.

The entire band isn't actually in the scene, though. Here's a link to an article that explains the MMJ and E'town relationship a bit more...
http://www.pastemagazine.com/action/article?article_id=2262

Go rent it, and then we can talk about how cool it was to see such a fucking awesome  (albeit brief) moment of rock captured on film... which reminds me... 26 days until I go see Okonokos!

TEO

The cameo of Freebird alone is worth it! And corny as the storyline seems, it really is a pretty good flick.
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

evilPaauwe

how much of freebird is shown.
cheers.

ManNamedTruth

It is a bit of a chick flick, but atleast its a chick flick with skynnard references AND MMJ songs. The freebird scene is amazing. I would reccomend renting it.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Jacket Fanatic

It is definetly a "chick flick" but I actually enjoyed the movie. The fact that MMJ made an appearance just did it for me. The freebird scene is amazing, it is definetly MMJ. I dont want to give anything away, go rent it.

DuDess

I've uploaded the cameo of the jackets, but it's the german dubbed version of the movie...hope you don't mind

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P62bFSHtcPk[/link]