WAWMan: Live Version Input

Started by JohnnyRage, Oct 16, 2006, 09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnyRage

Just curious about how people felt about the live version of What A Wonderful Man.

This song obviously rocks. When they came through Dallas in Nov. of 2005 and in several other performances during that tour (I think) the band would extend the song out by another 50 seconds or so.

Let it wind down, get the audience clapping, then bitch slap them in the face once more and make them love it, similar to other endings on Run Thru, Mahgeetah, The Way He Sings.

The song lately seems pretty much solidified closer to the album version and is used as a short, tight, energy-carrying live staple.

Anyone like/miss a version like this?

I want all MMJ songs to go on forever, or does the extension sound redundant?
[size=13]Be Right Here Forever...Go Through This Thing Together...And On Heaven's Golden Shores We'll Lay Our Heads[/size][/i]

ratsprayer

i prefer the live version of this song compared to the studio one.

by far.

mcarroll

Feels redundant to me to repeat that guitar line.  It seems to lose the power it had in the middle when they repeat it at the end.  I didn't like when they added that ending to One Big Holiday for a while either.  It just felt really unnecessary.  It seems like the band has come to the same conclusions.