Jim(my) [J](P)a[m](g)e[s]

Started by Tore, Nov 02, 2006, 10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tore

How about that for creativ subjecting?! Anyone get it?

Anyways, i've been thinking, after listening to Okonokos a LOT,  how Jim sounds like he's been listening alot to the guitar stylings of Jimmy Page. Especially the soloing in the middle of Off The Record (just before the outro). I remember reading a while ago somebody comparing the solo from Dondante to Since I've Been Leaving You.

Then i find this picture in the gallery!

evilPaauwe

now that u mention it.         i guess so.
cheers.

BH

Nice.  I like it!  Jim has been doing a lot more conjuring and animated guitar moves.  If he gets out a violin string I will shit my pants.

On a related note, has anybody heard about an album collaboration between Mr. Page and Allison Kraus?  Just heard a tidbit on the radio.  Strange matchup but interesting.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

MMJ_fanatic

Quote If he gets out a violin string.

I think you mean bow(?) ;)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

BH

I think you mean bow(?) ;)

Oops, yes bow.

I just got this vision in my head of Jim trying to run a string up and down the neck of his guitar.  I don't think that would work so well. :)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

MMJ_fanatic

Or he could follow in Nigel Tufnel's foot steps and play his guitar with a violin  :D
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

evilPaauwe

Quote If he gets out a violin string I will shit my pants.

oh my god yes!
cheers.