Credits of Okonokos

Started by Fat_Old_Sun, Nov 09, 2006, 11:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meddle

What song is playing in the credits?
...And Some Are Angels...

BH

Cobra from Chocolate and Ice.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

tomEisenbraun

ohhhhhh man.

you're in for a treat, bro.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

Angry Ewok

Yeah, it's the first quarter of the song... I think they actually credit the song in the credits.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

sweatboard

They also credit the alpaca handler.  Ha.
There's Still Time.........

Angry Ewok

So how is an Alpaca different from a Llama? Are they cousins or what? I realize I could just as easily look at Wiki for this answer...

:-/

BH

The Alpaca (Vicugna pacos) is a domesticated breed of South American camel-like ungulates, derived from the wild vicuña. It resembles a sheep in appearance, but is larger and has a long erect neck.

Alpacas are kept in herds that graze on the level heights of the Andes of southern Peru, northern Bolivia, and northern Chile at an altitude of 3500 to 5000 meters above sea-level, throughout the year. Alpacas are considerably smaller than llamas and unlike them are not used as beasts of burden but are valued only for their fiber (wool), used for making blankets and ponchos in South America, and sweaters, blankets, socks and coats in other parts of the world. The fiber comes in more than 22 natural colours.

Alpacas have been domesticated for thousands of years. There are no wild alpacas; they were bred down in domesticated form from the vicuña, which is also native to South America. They are closely related to llamas, which are descended from the guanaco. These four species of animals are collectively called camelids.

Alpacas and llamas can (and do) successfully cross-breed. The resulting offspring are called huarizo, and have little "real purpose," but often have gentle temperaments and are suitable for pets.

(I gotta get me a huarizo)

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Angry Ewok

Erect necks. *giggles*

Thanks for that info! I had no idea that there were two different kinds of descendants to the guanaco (I'd never heard of a guanaco before, actually), or that Llamas and Alpaca's could crossbreed to create an awesome hybrid creature of cuteness.

Do alpaca's spit? I wonder.

Ghosts_on_TV

Quoteohhhhhh man.

you're in for a treat, bro.

Yeah, that.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

amybee

Do alpaca's spit? I wonder.

Yes they spit and it stinks.  They may spit at you a few times and I hear it gets more gross and stinky each time.  I work at a farm and get to tell this to kids everyday.  (hehe!)

amybee

hmmm...how do you get those nifty boxes around the post you're responding to???

BH

Hit "quote" on their post instead of reply. :)