New album 2007?

Started by Tore, Nov 27, 2006, 03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tore

Have anyone heard anything regarding upcoming album-plans? Is there a new studio album coming next fall?

Can't remember seeing any new songs in the setlists. Don't remember exactly when the Z songs started popping up, but it must've been late 2004, early 2005? I think It Beats 4 U was the first Z song I heard. From the Lebowski Fest 2004....?

Angry Ewok

I've heard that they may be headed to the studio in 2007.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

tomEisenbraun

they ought to be studioin' it up after the west coast tour.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

fan75

QuoteI've heard that they may be headed to the studio in 2007.
In the KCRW interview (found here) Jim said something about going back into the studio/log cabin and write/record a few more tunes, after they finish their tour this fall/early-winter.   So I guess you're right.  8)
http://savefile.com/projects/808465307
[url]http://savefile.com/projects/808465344[/url]

corey

They started playing "It Beats for you" before they went into the studio to record "Z". I definitely remember it being on the Bonnaroo 2004 set.
Other than that, none of "Z" was played live until the short run up to Bonnaroo 2005. "Z" had already been recorded at that point since they took a good chunk of 2005 off to make the record.

I read somewhere that Jim doesn't like to write while he's on the road. BUT, there was speculation that maybe he did some writing in the downtime while he was recovering from his sickness late last year/early this year. Although my guess is that he didn't do much writing for a good chunk of that time because he was pretty sick from what we have been told.

They've been on the road pretty much non-stop since they got on a roll this year, so there hasn't been much downtime since then. So I don't know if a lot of writing has taken place or not.

cmccubbin@work

sweet.

hopefully we will get to hear NEW Jacket tunes at Bonnaroo 2007!  can't wait till Jan-Feb 2007 to get my tix!!!
If you're lucky, MMJ will fill the void you didn't even know you ever had. If you're luckier, you'll get to see them live.

evilPaauwe

as i infered in an earlier thread....  late 07/early 08.
cheers.