anyone actually seen "elizabethtown"??

Started by Nikkogino, Oct 14, 2005, 01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikkogino

I hate to make a new thread but that one is getting a little too long and I am not going to read through 8 pages.  Anyway, has anyone actually seen the movie.  I won't be able to see it for a while....I just want to know:  Do you get good shots of the band, do they play for a long time, or are they WAY in the background?  I just want to know how much screentime they get and whether their scene stands out.  Thanks.

tdan

I saw the preview earlier this week.  There are some goods shots of the band, but they aren't lingering.  If you look closely you will see them at Drew's father's funeral, but the main scene is when Ruckus performs.  Most of the shots were filmed behind the band looking out at the audience so you mostly see the backs of their heads.  They tear up Freebird something awful!

By the way, it is a really good movie.  Definetly worth seeing.
Well the music is your special friend
Dance on fire as it intends
Music is your only friend
Until the end

sweatboard

I laughed, I cried, I thought, I felt.  I walked away with a big smile on my face.  My wife and I laughed out loud when they showed the poster for Rukus with all the band members faces on it.  Susan Surandon had an amazing performance I was boo hooing like a baby during her main scene.  Kirsten Dunst and Orlando Bloolm played thier rolls with perfection.  I was crying I was laughing so hard during the freebird scene.  My theory is if you don't love this movie you must not have a heart.  What a beautiful movie.  Where To Begin was played for a significant amount time.  When they cut into the chorus of "Come Pick Me Up" it couldn't have been timed more powerfully.    
There's Still Time.........

LaurieBlue

"look for 60B"...LOL..I laughed hysterically during that part.  How many of us have been in that same situation?!  That's mostly what touched me about this movie, I think. A lot that I could personally relate to.  Middle America...going home with all the family members and everyone talking a mile a minute..kids running around..grabbing the food.  It certainly reminded me a lot of my family back home in Cleveland.  And there's always that aunt in the kitchen cooking, cooking, cooking.  Sorry for those who haven't seen it yet - but I think a few of you will tonight..?  Looking forward to hearing your views.  (But only if they're good).. j/k ;-)  
Laurie

aMillionDreams

I'm leaving in about 15 minutes to go see it at the Tinseltown Theaters here in da ville.  The very same theater that the boys saw Almost Famous in.  Man, am I excited! ;D ;D ;D
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

dragonboy

Opens next month in Japan so I've got to wait a while yet  :-/
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

BIGVICLBI

Wow this movie got a lot of bad reviews.

sideroad32

I'm back,
I liked it alot.  It was just what i needed tonight.
quite inspiring actually.
all about failing yet moving on, and living anyway.
I connected with this movie in a good way.
and it just might have one of the best soundtracks ever.
and it was cool to see the jacket and hear their music used in a powerful way.
Cameron Crowe is a great filmaker even when he makes quirky little films like this one. (or should i say especially when)
it might get bad reviews but don't listen this is a great film.
check it out.

whothrewthecake

i saw it tonight. i really liked it. cameron hit the nail on the head with the stars during where to begin. a starry sky like that sums up my feelings for the band and their music. it had a lot of beautiful moments, definitely recommended from me.

aMillionDreams

wow.  I meant Stoneybrook.  great movie.  It was pretty surreal seeing the boys on the big screen, although I wish Jim's line would have been in the final version.  Of all the things to cut, you know. Anyway, whenever they showed anything in Louisville the people in the theatre went crazy, it was like everybody knew somebody which is kind of how it is in da ville.  Although I would have liked to see more of the boys, I could definately see how Crowe was inspired by mmj when writing the script.  I thought the Freebird scene was great!  I didn't know whether to laugh or cry but both would have probably been appropriate.  Was Carl playing the solo?
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

antoniostrohs

We just saw this movie this weekend and we both thought is was quite enjoyable. Very nice script with alot of downhome eccentric characters which will ring true to anyone who has spent any time in Kentucky or time in the south. Cameron sure knows how to build a frame around a scene  with the perfect music. Even though some parts may have been a little predictable and overly sentimental I still thought most of the movie was very touching and heartfelt. You can really tell this movie had a great personal input from Cameron's emotions and thoughts at the time of his own fathers death.  Very good romantic comedy with lot of thoughts about life with family and friends.   Of course the best part was seeing our boys music,pictures,images and names in the credits  now to live forever on celluloid. Very,very Cool

peanut butter puddin surprise

It's a fine movie.  Not "Lawrence of Arabia" but still damn fine entertainment.
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

dragonboy

Hasn't been a favourite with the critics, has it?

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/elizabethtown/

I don't usually pat too much attention to the critics but that's a lot of bad reveiws!

Still want to see it  :-/
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

steelyB

Great seeing the boys in the movie and most of the Kentucky family scenes were super. I personally found the movie a little stretched out on the romance between Bloom and Dunst - neither did that much for me - i thought their acting was a little weak.  

Coyote

Hey, I'm new to the forums. I saw E-Town on Friday and LOVED it. I adore Cameron Crowe's films. I also loved seeing MMJ doing FreeBird! Talk about a SCENE!
Here's my full review of the film: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/vine/journal_view.php?s=&journalid=82501&action=view&view=public#251674