We are on to something special...

Started by Ghosts_on_TV, Dec 02, 2006, 10:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghosts_on_TV

Does anyone else get that feeling? I'm sure you all do. I've been watching the clip of the Roseland show, fuck, I must have watched it about 300 times already. Goddamn, that show was sick. This band is a fucking monster, and here we are, lucky enough to watch them grow and be here to see them play shows in places like that. It's going to be bittersweet to see them move on to theaters and arenas (I'm more than convinced that they will). They deserve it though. They deserve to play on the fucking moon. Music is my life, and I've fell in love with a bunch of bands throughout the years, but I've never felt this way about a band and their music ever in my life. And I don't think I ever will again. They fucking break my heart and melt my face and rock my socks and make me cry all at the same time. And here I am writing this, pretty much because I feel I have to tell somebody this, so who better right? My eyes are tearing up right now, honestly, just thinking about this wonderful band, and it's fucking beautiful.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

megisnotreal

QuoteThey deserve to play on the fucking moon.

So that's what's up with those boots Jim keeps wearing! ;)

I got you, man. MMJ is love.

LET_THE_FETUS_ROCK

I couldn't agree more with you "Ghosts..."   Compared to other bands I have fallen in love with these guys have found heights and depths in me I didn't know were there. It's been going on three years now for me and It just keeps getting better.  I listen to these guys everyday. My friends and extended family think my wife and I are nuts. Thank god my wife loves them as much as I do or we may not make it through.  

I must have watched  Where To Begin on Acoustic Chorale a 100 times, it just really pulls me through lately like nothing else.

The moon would be great to hear them play on.

But I've got a more feasible idea. What if the band and a good size group of fans hiked to the top of half dome in Yosemite valley california and we all helped carry their equipment to the top of the dome and we had a concert on top of half dome.  
I'm sure we could get a generator up there.  Its flat up there and could easily hold 500 to 1000 people and the view of yosemite valley is the best in the U.S. It would be magical.  We could all camp in the valley and hike up for the show like a tribal ceremony.

Dream a litle dream.....  

I will be there when you die!

BH

Well said Ghosts!

And Fetus, I would be willing to carry the biggest amp they have!   MMJ music + Beautiful works of Mother Nature = Pure Bliss.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........

ycartrob

QuoteIt's going to be bittersweet to see them move on to theaters and arenas (I'm more than convinced that they will). They deserve it though.

Nice post. I was thinking about that when I saw them at The Tennessee Theater, how it was sort of sad that the intimacy is slipping away. But hey, if that's what it takes to spread the love, then I'm in. Those guys deserve to have all their wildest dreams come true and I'll have the small club memories forever.

MMJ_fanatic

and I'll have the small club memories forever.

Ditto in a big way there...
Ghosts--I think this band would make the manliest man get moist in the eyes (unless he was emotionally dead that is...)
I like to think of them as my medication and my private amusement park--always another surprise and another good vibration.
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

dragonboy

QuoteNice post. I was thinking about that when I saw them at The Tennessee Theater, how it was sort of sad that the intimacy is slipping away. But hey, if that's what it takes to spread the love, then I'm in. Those guys deserve to have all their wildest dreams come true and I'll have the small club memories forever.
I joke all the time about them coming to Japan but of course, the reality is the bigger they become in the States, the less chance there is of them ever coming over here.
That's big shame (for me!) but that's the way it goes. I was lucky enough to see them live this year & have enjoyed their amazing music for a few years now. I wish the band every success, they definitely deserve it.
I've said this before, The Jacket is this generations Led Zeppelin or The Who etc. We are in the presence of greatness & it's been an amazing ride so far!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

ratsprayer

I've said this before, The Jacket is this generations Led Zeppelin or The Who etc. We are in the presence of greatness & it's been an amazing ride so far!

bring on this generation's 'shark incident'!!!!

;D

dragonboy

Quotebring on this generation's 'shark incident'!!!! ;D
Haha, bring on Cocksucker Blues 2!!!
(just so long as Patrick doesn't set off any explosives & deafen Jim...)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

MMJ_fanatic

DB--they gotta play Budokan sometime... ;D
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

dragonboy

QuoteDB--they gotta play Budokan sometime... ;D
Cheers Fanatic, here's hoping!!!
'MY MORNING JACKET LIVE AT THE BUDOKAN!' has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?

Kory

I would think that as they do get more popular, the chances of a Japan show would increase...
What about Fuji Rock? That's a huge festival right?
Phish played Fuji a couple times as i remember, seemed as though they loved it! I'd love to visit Japan...
Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.
Also, [url="http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com"]http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com[/url]

dragonboy

QuoteI would think that as they do get more popular, the chances of a Japan show would increase...
What about Fuji Rock? That's a huge festival right?
Phish played Fuji a couple times as i remember, seemed as though they loved it! I'd love to visit Japan...
Yeah they played Fuji-Rock last year & Summer Sonic (the other big festival) in 03 I think. I couldn't make it to Fuji & didn't even know they were playing in 03 (I wasn't such an internet geek then)
Z had a Japanese release which gave them a good opportunity to follow up on Fuji-Rock but I guess they've missed that now.
I did hear a rumour that they were planning shows over here but then Jim got sick.
Okonokos didn't get a Japan release but when my wife called Tower Records to see if they had copies they guy she spoke to was a huge fan & told her what an amazing album it was!  ;D
I'd love to know what their sales have been like over here...

Oz had dates that got cancelled & the last European tour had a couples of shows cancelled with the promise of replacement dates that never happened. They've also got a good opportunity to follow up the European PJ dates with some headlines shows of their own in Europe so I would imagine Japan is pretty low on the priority list right now.

Still, I live in hope & you never know...the masterplan is still out there  ;)

red

I truly can't wait to see what direction the band are headed in next.  I wonder if the'y'll ellaborate on the 'Z' sound more, or take a path somewhat akin to "Where to Begin"?  

Angry Ewok

They could touch back to Tennessee Fire, or launch out into unexplored territory...

I'll be there so long as it isn't R&B or Rap.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

dragonboy

QuoteI'll be there so long as it isn't R&B or Rap.
Rumour has it Stevie Wonder, Kayne West, ?uestlove & Lee 'Scratch' Perry are the four people the band have approached with regards to producing the next album...back luck Angry!  ;)

Angry Ewok

If that were true, then I'd just have to enjoy the old albums until they reclaimed their sanity and put out another album I could get into.

;)
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

ManNamedTruth

QuoteI truly can't wait to see what direction the band are headed in next.  I wonder if the'y'll ellaborate on the 'Z' sound more, or take a path somewhat akin to "Where to Begin"?  
They could go in any direction, thats what makes it exciting.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!