Steam Engine Lyrics

Started by TD, Jul 19, 2006, 10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TD

Does anyone know the story behind the lyrics to steam engine?

October

i forget what interview it's in, but jim talks about how it is about making music for the love of music and how most acts nowadays are just all about material b.s.

NHgroove

what? really....are you sure??   Does anybody have any idea what's being said at the end that repeats thru in the background???  I can't figure out for the life of me what it is...
devils and demons are comin....lovers and children beware!!!

BH

Quotewhat? really....are you sure??   Does anybody have any idea what's being said at the end that repeats thru in the background???  I can't figure out for the life of me what it is...

We had an entire thread on that subject one time and the result was that nobody knows.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

NHgroove

what were the leading guesses??

I'm thinking  "get out"
devils and demons are comin....lovers and children beware!!!

JacketGal

But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

BH

Quotewhat? really....are you sure??   Does anybody have any idea what's being said at the end that repeats thru in the background???  I can't figure out for the life of me what it is...

I finally figured is out!!!!!!!!!!

I NEED A VALIUM!  NEED A VALIUM.  NEED A VALIUM.

DaFunkyPrecedent

steam engine is all about and engine that blows steam.  its RIGHT THERE!
God damn those shaky knees.

vespachick

I still say its: "Kenny Loggins". Kevin Bacon told me so.

My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

LET_THE_FETUS_ROCK

It's unintelligible speech.  Like a monkey!
I will be there when you die!

ms. yvon

QuoteThere's a bit of insight in this article from '03:
http://www.nudeasthenews.com/interviews/64
thanks for the link jg!!
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."