I miss you Laurie Blue

Started by Bermuda_Hitchhiker, Apr 10, 2007, 10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BH

I need some MMJ news in a bad way!  Something.  Anything.

Can somebody just make something up please?  Just tell me what you know I want to hear.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

peanut butter puddin surprise

Jim and co. are spending a well deserved break in the Bahamas, hanging out with Eric Clapton at the rehab center he has in Antiqua.  Not that they need it, but they just wanted to jam with Clapton.  After a six week stint there, they are slated to go spelunking and cave diving in Mexico at the "longest underwater cave in the world".  

When they return to the States, their itinerary has them making corn dogs, riding lots of ferris wheels, playing Monopoly, chasing butterflies, making popsicle stick boats, and camping out in Cherokee Park to videotape the freaks who come out at night there.  All of this and more leads to divine inspiration for a new record.
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

sweatboard

I hope at least two of the songs are about Corn Dogs.
There's Still Time.........

megisnotreal

10 April 2007--(A.P.)--- The "hardest working band in rock and roll" is truly working hard to live up to the moniker bestowed upon them by Esquire magazine. Sources close to the indie/southern/space/prog/industial/honky-tonk/r&b/trance/dance/punk/funk/soul/calypso/johndenverandthemuppetsrevival rock outfit My Morning Jacket have finalized plans to offer additional audio commentary to the collector's "Super Boss" boxset of the Eighties hit television series "Who's the Boss."

Representatives for TVcorp say the DVD will feature a seperate audio commentary with all the members of the band which can be accessed from the special features menu.

"We're so excited to have the guys of My Morning Jacket on board," said Mr. Ceoguy of TVcorp.

The band members seem excited, too.

"Yeah," said keyboardist Bo Koster.

"Who's the Boss" star Tony Danza, however, still seems a bit befuddled:

"It's cool, sure, but... Samantuh... Jonaten... have you guys seen my baseball glove?

Danza had no further comment, but the chick who played Mona said she totally rocks out to the Jacket on a regular basis.

*copyright 2007 by the unassociated press

BH

;D

I knew you guys would hook me up!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ms. yvon

Quote1

"We're so excited to have the guys of My Morning Jacket on board," said Mr. Ceoguy of TVcorp.

The band members seem excited, too.

"Yeah," said keyboardist Bo Koster.

i just snorted.   ;D ;D
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

LaurieBlue

LOL..that was too cool to wake up to and open this morning.  And some of you do have very creative, descriptive minds.  I'm impressed!  

I, too, am missing news..and missing the band something awful.  I'm talking to some of my musician friends here, some of whom traveled with us to the Asheville show, and they may put on a little mini-tribute show.  Mostly if not all acoustic, and maybe not that long, but some of them already know and play some of the songs on occasion.  It's SO cool, when they're just loosely jamming for them to throw in "Golden"..or some such other jewel.  

That's all I know..

oh..except I saw something about Lollapalooza this year...I haven't looked on the Shows board yet, but I'm sure someone has already shared this great news.

Thanks!.and I'll try and do better :-)

dragonboy

Good to hear from you Laurie  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Mr. T.

I always seem to get excited when I read your posts. It's kind of a Pavlov thing i guess  ;)
We are young despite the years,
we are concern,
we are hope despite the times

MarkW

Is that a sausage on a stick?  WTF?
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

ManNamedTruth

i guess you guys don't have corndogs. Its a hot dog with some short of corn breading around it and I'm not sure how you cook them, I think they're deep fried.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

MarkW

i guess you guys don't have corndogs. Its a hot dog with some short of corn breading around it and I'm not sure how you cook them, I think they're deep fried.

So that's a corndog.  Sounds like just the thing after an evening on the beer and/or tequila.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side