the mystery behind 'off the record'

Started by Grooms512, Apr 29, 2007, 05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grooms512

has anyone ever uncovered the mystery behind the message in 'off the record.'  i'm talking about the man speaking in the backround for the last minute of the track.  i've tried to listen closely to what he's saying but gave up after a while because i couldn't decipher it?  so that's case mmj detectives, can you crack it?

Tore

Oh here's to my sweet satan. The one whose little path would make me sad, whose power is satan. He'll give those with him 666. There was a little toolshed where he made us suffer, sad satan.

:o

;D

Chancing-Glancing

I downloaded the free trial of Sound Forge and played it backwards. The music is too loud to hear a lot of it and the trial version doesn't allow you to separate it, but here's some things I could make out:

"I was at a party.....F*cking c*nt fest.....Burn. Burn. Burn.....No matter how I sin......Disgruntled....There's only two ways to...Oh my Jesus. Lionel...Easter egg...Here's a clue...And we'll fold it into the flock...There's two red ripe strawberries. Big hungry boy..."

I also noticed when he sings the chorus, "off the record, off the record" sounds like "and f*** me, and f*** me".  Who knows.

ratchetisfake

no matter what it says, you know its going to be strange.
who fanned the fire that burned down the lake?

ellisintransit

QuoteOh here's to my sweet satan. The one whose little path would make me sad, whose power is satan. He'll give those with him 666. There was a little toolshed where he made us suffer, sad satan.

:o

;D

LOL

Well played.

aMD

I've listened to it backwards and the only part I can clearly make out is "oh my Jesus", provely once again that mmj is a christian band!  (joking, of course).

jeffro79

Its the secret recipe for Bush's Baked Beans. Duke is a big fan of Jim and the boys and vice versa. Thats how it ended up on the record.
i kinda think right now is a pretty good time to just sit down and sing people some mother-fuckin songs