"Z" ness Envy

Started by Bermuda_Hitchhiker, May 04, 2007, 05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BH

I listened to Z this morning for the first time in awhile.  I have been listening to a lot of live MMJ recently. Since it includes so much Z material, I have been ignoring the album. Well, I have come to the conclusion that Z, in it's original studio form, is just plain spectacular.  All of my other albums are jealous.

Testify --->
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Mr._Nussbaum

I've just recently re-discovered all of the studio albums.  I've been listen to all live stuff since Okonokos was released.  They are even better than I ever thought.

sweatboard

I was driving to Nashville a few weeks back and my disc changer skipped to Z which I hadn't really listened to in months.  The bass line started for Wordless and I was like ok I'm going to listen to this song and then I'm going to change it because I've worn the shit out of this record, next thing I know I'm grinning from ear to ear jamming Lay Low at maximum volume and driving like 140mph.  I mean how can you skip a single song on this record.  It's a good friend.  :)
There's Still Time.........

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteI was driving to Nashville a few weeks back and my disc changer skipped to Z which I hadn't really listened to in months.  The bass line started for Wordless and I was like ok I'm going to listen to this song and then I'm going to change it because I've worn the shit out of this record, next thing I know I'm grinning from ear to ear jamming Lay Low at maximum volume and driving like 140mph.  I mean how can you skip a single song on this record.  It's a good friend.  :)

It is a good friend, Bri. I like having a few beers at the house and throwing it on, like you said, you hear the first basslines of wordless and it kinda just feels good.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Willard1979

I have to agree.  Since Okonokos, and seeing them live, Z is just a perfect album from beginning to end!  There's not a skippable track on it.  8-)

TEO

They could open every concert I see them at with WC for the rest of my life and I would   be happy!
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary