5 underrated mmj songs

Started by The_Big_Come_Up, Apr 02, 2007, 07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juanverde

Phone went west...... Bonnaroo '04 - one of the best live performances ever recorded in a frickin thunderstorm.   That performance still makes the hair on my arms stand up.  Anybody know if you can still get that performance legally?  I have it on my ipod, but my original back-up copy has since "walked off"

BH

QuotePhone went west...... Bonnaroo '04 - one of the best live performances ever recorded in a frickin thunderstorm.   That performance still makes the hair on my arms stand up.  Anybody know if you can still get that performance legally?  I have it on my ipod, but my original back-up copy has since "walked off"

Here ya go....

http://stores.musictoday.com/store/product.asp?band_id=741&dept_id=7523&pf_id=FEDD49&sfid=2

I thought it was Steam Engine when the thunderstorm started.  Maybe I am just reading your post wrong.  Anyway, if you ever run accross the documentary that runs occasionally on the sundance channel, called We Have Arrived Bonnaroo 2004, make sure you watch it.   This is different than the 04 Bonnaroo DVD which has One Big Holiday on it.

On this documentary, at the very end, it has a performance of Golden that starts out with Jim solo in a tent and blends into the full band Golden on the big stage, followed by the outro jam on Steam Engine with the thunderstorm and the band rocking out in the rain.  If that doesn't give you the chills, you need to check your pulse!

Anyway, I MOXIed it and watch it all the time.  It has lots of other great performances on it as well but I don't think it can be purchased.  Here is a link that says it's not currently screening but check it from time to time to see if you can catch.  It's fannnntastic.

http://www.sundancechannel.com/films/500013529
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

IAmB

Death is the easy way
Just because i do
war begun
i will be there when you die
steam engine

ManNamedTruth

QuoteDeath is the easy way
Just because i do
war begun
i will be there when you die
steam engine
I think most people here atleast will say that steam engine is one of their favorites. I didn't really pay attention to steam engine until i heard 'roo 04's version. Any live steam engine is great though.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

LizKing531

Back in the day "War Begun" was a pretty regular occurence,  Not to take anything from it, It fuckin rocks!   I was just listening to 9/26/03 at Headliners in the ville.  They rocked it out!

.Walt

hard helmet. it has to be on the list, but i rate it highly.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction